Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can kids make you whole??

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

How many of you moms feel that their kids are the only thing that made them whole? My husband says kids, jobs, houses, doesn't make a person whole. He thinks that people that try to fill a void with having kids or having their kids with them wont make them whole. please leave your comments.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CaliGirlLife
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:40 AM

ever since I was little all I ever wanted to be was a mommy, and a wife. Well I am half way there. and technically there lol I am legally married but seperated for two years.

But my son finally gave me the sight to see my own self worth. Once I am a homemaker again I will feel whole again. Depends on the person I think.

I'm Heather a 21 year old single mom, to a baby boy named Jude born two weeks early Via C-section, on 11-26-08. I have multiple sclerosis,epilepsy. But it does not have me.
TrezsMom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:43 AM

You have to be a "whole" person to raise a child. Or to have any type of meaningful relationship.

I feel being a mother has brought everything full circle for me. I lived my own life and did things that made me feel succesful, at least partially, and went through phases and made mistakes. But from all that, I now know who I am and what I stand for. Children also make those things extra clear  and bring on a new found persepective to life. They put your life experiences in persepective, also. Children can make your life fulfilled in a way nothing else can but you have to be a "whole person" to begin with to be able to see that and nurture it.

shebearncub
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:46 AM

Hmmmmm this is actually an interesting question.

I too only wanted while growing up to be a mother and wife. I am divorced now with 1 child. I was in a deep depression for 2 years when my divorce ended and I thought I was worthless.  I have gone through a metamorphosis since my div almost 6 years ago.I then realized it doesn't take a man to make me happy...or to be a wife to feel Whole. My daughter definitely helps but I had to find peace and Happiness within and that was through God.  Accepting His plan he has for me, and being at peace with it.

I feel whole now. My daughter compliments me but doesn't make me whole...I hope that makes sense.

She is The Best thing Ever to happen to me.....besides God...but I don't want to wrap My Whole life up in her......She will be grown Lord Willing in about 12 years and will me living her own life. Mom (me) will be on the back-burner for a few years.....its just how life is.

Nothing is certain in this life. Make your peace as and when you can.

lae26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:49 AM

I think that responsible parents are whole before they try to conceive children.  Having children to fill a void or to give your purpose is selfish and may serve you, but is a disservice to the child.  That said, children can fulfill you, and can give your life new purpose.  But only stable people should breed IMO.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

Leeloo309
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:00 AM

My children make me strive to be better . Every thing I've been through and experienced made me who I am , every thing that happens today and tomorrow added with that makes me whole . My children are mixed in both . So I guess it's what you mean by whole lol .

Married mom of 4family in the van                                                        

smcclure2005
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:48 AM

I think my kids make me whole. If I did not feel this way then I would think that I was doing something wrong. I also think that to be a mom you have to be a whole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)