Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do kids have to....?? (lil vent)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:13 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am at a loss right now because my 10 year old was just in here (it is 1 am). She woke up crying and came to ask me a question. She wanted the truth about Santa. Well crap I can't tell her.. I just can't it will kill it for her and the other kids because she doesn't keep secrets AT ALL. I asked her what brought this on because she had never questioned it before. She told me that all the other kids in her class have been picking on her and that she is the only one who still believes. Why do kids have to be so mean to each other and pick all the time about things. My daughter believes in Santa so what? I am just frustrated because she is getting picked on for something that is supposed to be fun as a kid. Just venting ladies sorry.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
magenta2325
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:16 AM

My kids have not believed since they were like 8 and when the first ones figured it out the others knew as well, its kinda just how it works.

SuthrnPrincess
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:19 AM

See I am worried about her ruining it for her 7, 5, 3 and newborn brothers early because she can't keep a secret and it is really no fair to them not to get that part of childhood. I never told my sister when I found out but then again my step dad threatened to keep all my gifts so basically he bribed me.

Quoting magenta2325:

My kids have not believed since they were like 8 and when the first ones figured it out the others knew as well, its kinda just how it works.

TessyCat
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:19 AM

That sucks! I don't know what to tell you, sorry. I hope that my DD's will still believe when they are that age. You are blessed that she does. Tell her that it doesn't matter what the other kids believe, it only matters what she believes. Santa lives in our hearts and the joy of the season, not loud mouth kids. You might be suprised how many of them do still believe but don't want to admit it in front of their louder friends.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:20 AM

By ten most kids know and at that age they are no longer good at keeping secrets. My daughter found out about that age. I sat her down and asked her what she thought. Then I explained that Santa was her dad and me. That she would still get presents but we give in the spirit of St Nick who gave presents to little children. My talk also was religious. After about an hour she finally understood. My son on the other hand.... well one day he believes and the next day he doesn't. I don't know what to do with him at this point. He is almost ten. I am pretty sure he no longers believes, but then again he won't tell me that. But he tells everyone else that.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:21 AM

In my family if you told the younger children you had 7 years of no presents. No one ever dared to tell.

Quoting SuthrnPrincess:

See I am worried about her ruining it for her 7, 5, 3 and newborn brothers early because she can't keep a secret and it is really no fair to them not to get that part of childhood. I never told my sister when I found out but then again my step dad threatened to keep all my gifts so basically he bribed me.

Quoting magenta2325:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)