Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone take Paxil and gained tons of weight?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:14 AM
  • 13 Replies

I started on Paxil in Feb. and I stopped taking it in May because I gained........60 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't change my eating habits. I kept exercising the same. I haven't been able to lose the weight still. I've tried dieting and exercising everyday...I don't know what to do. None of my clothes fit anymore. I have actually been wearing my SO's jeans and t-shirts because I can't afford to buy new clothes. before taking the Paxil I weighed 145 lbs. now I weigh 210! I am soooo sick of how I look and not being able to wear my cute clothes. Has anyone ever had this happen? Does anyone know of anything I can do? Thanks ladies!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto3As
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:17 AM

I have been taking Paxil for 2 years and I have gained about 60 lbs also. I stopped taking it while I was pregnant and have been on it for about 8 months and I have gained in the last 8 months about 20-25 lbs. It really sucks!

Gretchen0122
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:19 AM

It does suck! But I LOVED when I was on it, lol. I was on top of the world!....I just wish I knew of some way to get some of this weight off.

Quoting Mommyto3As:

I have been taking Paxil for 2 years and I have gained about 60 lbs also. I stopped taking it while I was pregnant and have been on it for about 8 months and I have gained in the last 8 months about 20-25 lbs. It really sucks!

babygirl1980_07
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:20 AM

I havent but my sister did, she gained weight as well and had severe hallucinations. It took for EMTs to hold her down because she was seeing my grandpa who died 12 yrs ago and all kinds of wierd stuff...they took her off of it. she never had anything like that before and hasnt had anything like that since.

Mommyto3As
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:25 AM

I LOVE the way it makes me feel too. I have tried, like you, to lose weight and nothing seems to work. I am trying once again to try and lose the weight. I was on a high dose before and am down to a very low dose so maybe that is why I haven't gained so much. Hopefully, this time around will work.

Quoting Gretchen0122:

It does suck! But I LOVED when I was on it, lol. I was on top of the world!....I just wish I knew of some way to get some of this weight off.

Quoting Mommyto3As:

Mommyto3As
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:26 AM

Wow, that is scary. I am glad that hasn't happened to me. I have had some negative side effects from other meds. I am glad they took her off of it.

Quoting babygirl1980_07:

I havent but my sister did, she gained weight as well and had severe hallucinations. It took for EMTs to hold her down because she was seeing my grandpa who died 12 yrs ago and all kinds of wierd stuff...they took her off of it. she never had anything like that before and hasnt had anything like that since.

Gretchen0122
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:36 AM

If you happen to come across anything let me know! Good Luck!

Quoting Mommyto3As:

I LOVE the way it makes me feel too. I have tried, like you, to lose weight and nothing seems to work. I am trying once again to try and lose the weight. I was on a high dose before and am down to a very low dose so maybe that is why I haven't gained so much. Hopefully, this time around will work.

Quoting Gretchen0122:

Quoting Mommyto3As:

Mommyto3As
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:36 AM

Thanks, I will!

Quoting Gretchen0122:

If you happen to come across anything let me know! Good Luck!

Quoting Mommyto3As:

Quoting Gretchen0122:

Quoting Mommyto3As:

STEPHANIEFOUR15
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:37 AM

WHAT IS PAXIL AND WHERE CAN I GET IT??? I NEED TO GAIN WEIGHT I AM 5FT AND WEIGHT 100LBS AND TRIED IT ALL AND NOTHING WORKS FOR ME. AS FOR YOU IM SORRY I CANT HELP IM ON THE SAME BOAT GOING THE OTHER DIRECTION SORRY.

DrewsMom0720
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:39 AM

I took Paxil when I was 18 and I tried to kill myself... and ended up in a hospital for 3 days... but I never gained weight...

I'm now taking Effexor XR and Celexa... and I'm feeling pretty good... not gaining weight but not losing weight...

I hope you find something that helps you lose weight...

Gretchen0122
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Paxil is an anitdepressant. You can get it at your dr. But I don't think you should take it just to gain weight, lol....You can stay with my grandma, she'll put some weight on ya, lol

Quoting STEPHANIEFOUR15:

WHAT IS PAXIL AND WHERE CAN I GET IT??? I NEED TO GAIN WEIGHT I AM 5FT AND WEIGHT 100LBS AND TRIED IT ALL AND NOTHING WORKS FOR ME. AS FOR YOU IM SORRY I CANT HELP IM ON THE SAME BOAT GOING THE OTHER DIRECTION SORRY.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)