Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy's with Dec babies (or not), need help

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:44 AM
  • 58 Replies

How do you keep it seperate from the holidays? Elli had her 3rd birthday on Sun and I thought I would lose my mind between trying to plan her party and get Christmas taken care of. I was wrapping the few presents we had 5 min. before guests were supposed to arrive. My sister never showed after promising so we waited awhile before saying screw it and I called her but she didn't answer. She called today, "Sorry I missed her party, I lost track of time while I was Christmas shopping" So not only did I get a bigger cake for NOTHING but she can't call until TUESDAY?! WTF!

How do make it so your child still gets their special day that's just for them? I already have gotten the "Here is her Christmas/Birthday gift, I figured it was so close hahahaha" Grrrrrrrrr, sorry I had to vent but could you try and answer anyway? Please?!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IloveHayden08
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:47 AM

I am not sure!! I have a friend whos birthday is on the 23 and aparently he never grew up with his familiy making a big deal about his birthday because now he doesnt even care about his birthday and thats sad. Also my husbands birthday is jan 6th so its hard, I hope someone gives you some good ideas!! Maybe celebrate thier birthday 2 weeks before??

momofcmnj
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:50 AM

My 2 y/o sons birthday is November 28th (this year the day after Thanksgiving) and some people still say well Christmas is not that far away so we got him a little something for his b-day, but not much. It is irritating. I can see why your daughter''s would be worse having it even closer. I don't really know what to tell you b/c nothing I have done has worked yet LOL It's just plain hard having a birthday near a big holiday b/c people want to combine the two. Like my youngest and my oldest birthdays are June 25th and June 27th so everyone wants to combine them with 4th of July but then it isn't a special day for them. But here is a bump hope someone else can help you.

baby boybaby boybaby girlbaby boy

Jason                     Nicholas               Melanie                 Colin

6-27-08                   11-28-06              2-26-05                6-25-90

justinejoy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:50 AM

I dont know yet.. my little one turns two on the 28th so I am new to the december birthday thing.. we'll see how it goes.. lol

Justine,  Mother to Irish twins Dylan & Michael

DrewsMom0720
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:51 AM

My birthday is on Dec 28... I always got seperate presents from christmas... My birthday really isn't a big deal now... but when I was younger my parent's always made sure that I got at least one present on my birthday...

Now all I want is a Wii... I don't care if its for christmas or my birthday...

LOL

franklynnsmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:54 AM

My bday is dec 13 and my grandmother in law is a hristmas birthday yep the 25th......For her we due birthday in the afternoon christmas in the morning.....for me we do a small dinner and family time even though my bday sucked this year hubby didnt get me anything and the only present i got was from my mil who we have a love hate relationship...neways as a child we always did just a small family party........

It wont get easier as your dec baby gets older sorry its the truth all you can due is make he or she special that day........NO CHRISTMAS TALK ON THIER DAY!!!!!!!!

A truckers wife, mama to Franklynn, friend to all! Love is found in the heart but spread with words and gestures.

TessyCat
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:56 AM

That's my brother's Birthday! LOL he ruined thankgiving for us in 1983, mom was in labor the whole time LMAO, he used to think that everybody was getting together for Thanksgiving just for him. He usually got more for his Birthday because everybody was together and we had the party then. My older brother and I got jacked in comparison LOL

Quoting momofcmnj:

My 2 y/o sons birthday is November 28th (this year the day after Thanksgiving) and some people still say well Christmas is not that far away so we got him a little something for his b-day, but not much. It is irritating. I can see why your daughter''s would be worse having it even closer. I don't really know what to tell you b/c nothing I have done has worked yet LOL It's just plain hard having a birthday near a big holiday b/c people want to combine the two. Like my youngest and my oldest birthdays are June 25th and June 27th so everyone wants to combine them with 4th of July but then it isn't a special day for them. But here is a bump hope someone else can help you.

wishbearmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:56 AM

My oldest daughter was born on Dec 21. We always gave her a separate birthday gift, a cake, and once she was in school, she had a party with her friends, though usually in January because once school recessed for winter break no one could come. For her 10th I let her have a New Year's Eve slumber birthday party; we made mini gingerbread  houses, I gave the girls manicures, and they had a great time. Make sure that whatever you do you make sure your son has a day that's just his, and he doesn't get lost in the holiday frenzy.

Birdsong2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:57 AM

My son's birthday is Dec. 23rd and in the past we have always celebrated his birthday on his birthday.  Fairly easy for parties because there is no school but usually just have a few kids show up because many are out of town.  He's not a big social creature so it wasn't really that big of deal. 

This year though my side of the family is taking him to dinner Saturday and doing the present thing and my ex is taking him out of town on his birthday to see his side of the family so he will have a party when they get there.  They will stay through Christmas and come home the following day.

KimberlySnipes
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:59 AM

My sons birthday is january 2, a week and a day after christmas.  We haven't had to deal with it yet because he is turning one on the 2nd.  I have already told everyone that i don't want ANYONE to combine his birthday with Christmas EVER!  We'll see how that goes.  My little sisters birthday is December 14 and she always gets combined gifts.  Now that she is older I honestly spend double on her for a bigger gift that she really wants instead of buying her 2 smaller gifts.  She understands now and would much rather get the bigger gift, she gets to decide when she gets it, birthday or christmas, she usually chooses christmas, funny enough.

krazynellie
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:02 AM

Well I don't have any Dec bdays but my youngest bio DD has a May bday and then when we adopted the other two one of them also has a May bday. There bdays are 9 days apart. I hate decorating and i nviting and on and on. So we have one party in between there bdays then on there bday its THEIR day. They get 1 present and dinner of there choice. We will make cupcakes or cookies or something together but thats about the extent.

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)