Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried... What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

On my list of safe meds from teh doctor it has sudafed listed.  I have been very sick (congested and have a horrible cough), but I normally do not take anything.  However, this just kept getting worse so I decided to pick up some sudafed. 

Well all they had was sudafed PE, so I figured this was just the normal sudafed.  So I have been taking this for about three days now.  I do not take the full dosage that you allowed to take in a day.  today I have had a total of two doses (two pills each). 

Well I was just curious and googled Sudafed and found massive amounts of stuff that says that while pregnant it is safe to take sudafed but not sudafed PE because it can restrict the blood flow to the placenta. 

I know this is my stupid mistake, but now I am scared.  I am 32 weeks and 4 days and I am so worried that I have hurt my baby.  I still feel her moving, actually I do right now as I am typing.  Should I call the doctor tomorrow and let her know that I have been taking the wrong thing and I am worried, or do I just let it go,not take anymore of it and only say something if I notice that something is wrong. 

Also I do not think this is related but all day today I have had a pain in my abdomen on the right side.  It does not hurt all the time, only when I am coughing (which pretty much could be all the time).  Is there anything I can do for this pain?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Meli55a2001
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:08 AM

I would stop taking the medicine and call the doctor in the morning.  Just let her know how you've been feeling and I'm sure she'll be able to help you find something safe to take.  Good luck!

mandy716
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Thanks I will call in the morning

Quoting Meli55a2001:

I would stop taking the medicine and call the doctor in the morning.  Just let her know how you've been feeling and I'm sure she'll be able to help you find something safe to take.  Good luck!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:35 AM

Agreeing with Meli55a2001 and wanted to let you know that if they don't have the regular sudafed over the counter, they may have it at the pharmacy counter. I know that they do in Washington state because druggies use it to make meth, mixed with other chemicals. Not sure if other states do that too. They have you show your id and sign paperwork because they really are cracking down on that.

Quoting Meli55a2001:

myrtlebeach
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Robitussin DM cough syrup is what I lived on with colds when I was Pregnant. Doc recommended it to me and it helped alot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)