Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:30 AM
  • 4 Replies

Good Morning!!

Quick question- I'm 37 weeks and my doctors expect I will deliver anyday now.  I had an internal yesterday and I was 90% effaced and 3cm dilated and having small consistant contractions.  I got woken up at 6am this morning with bad back pain and contractions started soon after.  I have been timing them and they are 3 minutes apart and about 1 minute long.  It's a sharp achey crampy pain across my lower back and my belly is tightening too.  I know they tell you to go to the hospital when the contractions are 5 minutes apart but mine just dont seem that bad yet.  Should I wait it out til 9am when my doctors office opens?  I dont know if this could be the real thing and just different from the 'textbook normal'. BTW I live literally 2 minutes from the hospital.

Thanks ladies!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aleslie
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:34 AM

I would call L&D and see what they say! This is your first baby so you might be a ways away from having baby or you could be really close, you never know. But I would call and see what they say! Good Luck and I hope today is your day!! Keep us updated okay.

much2learn
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:35 AM

If you are concerned, call the hospital.  Hopefully you will be able to speak to a doctor who can give you an expert opinion.  I think the doctors try to make you talk to them during a contraction, so that they can get a feel for how serious they sound.  Good luck!

Lynn

jmom470
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:06 AM

maybe call the doctor.  Mine started at 4 minutes apart and I waited almost 2 hrs but only was dialated to two. I couldn't even walk or move when I had mine.By the time I got to the hospital they were back to back.

Mommy2B12009
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Thanks Ladies...
The contractions are getting a bit stronger but no closer together.  I'm going to go call the doc now and see what he wants me to do....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)