Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those lucky ladies that get UTI's frequant

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:42 AM
  • 15 Replies

i have a question. i get uti's all the time, and this one i have now is going WRONG. well i had the ordanary uti symptoms, the frequency, the peeing a little and the burning. so i went to the doctors and they did a quick test and it showed i didnt have a uti. i was shocked, but she sent it to the lab to double check and put me on antibiotics anyways because i had the symptoms. so now... since yesterday... have been peeing myself, it has gotten that bad. this is so embaracing, but never has a uti EVER made me wet myself. like now instead of the urgency of going all the time, its like my bladder gets full and i dont know it and and then all of a sudden, its like omg i have to pee! i get a split second from i have to pee to, im peeing myself. has anyone else had something like this. out of the 100 UTI's in my life i have never experienced peeing myself. sad oh and ill be seeing a urologist soon aswell.

I love my baby girl Jasmine Rose. blowing bubbles

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foreverdream105
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:48 AM

bump... no one has had a urinary tract infection?

lmvalentine
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:55 AM

I get these things all of the time.  It is quite embarrassing.  I feel that I am going to damaged for life with these things, it is so horrible.  My mom never had one in her life, lucky her.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

jacejenkins
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:55 AM

I have had UTIs in the past but never have I experienced incontinence as a result.   I am glad to hear that you are going to see a urologist.    Is the urologist aware that you suddenly became incontinent?   To me that sounds like something  worse than an UTI, like a nerve injury.  

foreverdream105
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM

oh, im hoping not. im going to start calling doctors soon, im hoping they will beable to do something for me soon. and thanks for the term incontinence , its better then using, peeing ur self lol.

livewell
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM

My SD used to get them ALL the time. Since she has been taking these cranberry pills, NOT ONE!

As far as the incontinence...get some depends or similar for now. I am sure being all stressed and worried about it will only make it worse.

Mommi2Kailee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM

Hey momma I probably should have checked your profile but I'll tell you my story.

I've had UTIs for years and I would go to the doctor and pee in the damn cup and what do ya guess - it ALWAYS came back negative. I found a doc who would give me meds because she understood that something was going on. Well DD is 8 months old today and 2 weeks ago this Sunday, I had my gallbladder removed. I guess it is very common in post part. moms. I had what they called a "pearl necklace" of stones. Not that this is what was causing my UTIs, but if it hadn't been for the UTI symptoms then I wouldn't have found out. Mind you I get back pain with my UTIs. Oh, and the UTI that I ended up going to the hospital for came back ... TA DA NEGATIVE!

You're not alone momma - hang in there - to bad they don't have a sweet pea for Cranberry juice!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
mcqlove87
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:11 AM

i get them all the time. probably a couple times a month. there have been a couple times where i just couldn't make it to the bathroom, but i only wet myself a little. hope everything comes back ok, and its nothing too major. let me know what happens!

ILoveAMissyTrucker.png I love my trucker image by mrs24fan

alcorn358
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:14 AM

I get the symptoms all the time,  I don't drink enough during the day, however I never have wet myself during these. I don't drink enough fluids during the day at all and I think I come a little dehydrated.   I went and saw a urologist and they scheduled me to go to the er and have something stretched for the life of me can't remember what it was but they put me under and I went home the same day.  I get them if the wind blows the wrong way lol, that's how frequent I get them...I just have to learn to drink drink drink.     Maybe try taking some cranberry pills and some acidolophus pills you can get them from your local market.  Good luck.

foreverdream105
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:27 AM

i just had my gallbladder out a month ago, but i had a disease not the stones. i brought all this up with my surgeon yesterday, so hes the one who refered me to a urologist. looks like were in the same boat as with the gallbladder and the uti's. its horrable. how did your surgery go?

Quoting Mommi2Kailee:

Hey momma I probably should have checked your profile but I'll tell you my story.

I've had UTIs for years and I would go to the doctor and pee in the damn cup and what do ya guess - it ALWAYS came back negative. I found a doc who would give me meds because she understood that something was going on. Well DD is 8 months old today and 2 weeks ago this Sunday, I had my gallbladder removed. I guess it is very common in post part. moms. I had what they called a "pearl necklace" of stones. Not that this is what was causing my UTIs, but if it hadn't been for the UTI symptoms then I wouldn't have found out. Mind you I get back pain with my UTIs. Oh, and the UTI that I ended up going to the hospital for came back ... TA DA NEGATIVE!

You're not alone momma - hang in there - to bad they don't have a sweet pea for Cranberry juice!

Mommi2Kailee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Amazingly it went great. My stomach looks like a picasso painting with my scars lol (had a c-section for DD). Recovered quickly because I did what I wanted obviously being careful but I am already back to playing on the floor with DD. Though the aftermath of the surgery is still hitting me but i guess the good side is i've lost about 7lbs!

Quoting foreverdream105:

i just had my gallbladder out a month ago, but i had a disease not the stones. i brought all this up with my surgeon yesterday, so hes the one who refered me to a urologist. looks like were in the same boat as with the gallbladder and the uti's. its horrable. how did your surgery go?

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)