Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't handle it anymore! what can I do??? Neglect/Abuse???

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:42 AM
  • 32 Replies

if your not going to read or respond, at least bump!

I think there is neglect, or abuse going on in my apartment complex. I always here babies, like little babies, crying and screaming. And not just "pick me up" crying, but like something is wrong. I stood outside my door last night and could hear the parents yelling at the child. It made me so angry, I jsut wanted to beat on the door and tell them to get off their lazy butt and take care of there kid. Is there anywayI can report any of this? The problem is that I live in goverment-subsidized housing, so even if I did call someone, I don't think anyone would do anything, because people think that it's the norm out here. But I hear this stuff almost every night. I know my dd cries and screams, but not like that!

Do you think I'm just paranoid, or should I try and do something?

ILoveAMissyTrucker.png I love my trucker image by mrs24fan

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrapbookLove
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:44 AM

If people heard my 2 year old at night fighting with us to go to bed...they'd probably think we were abusing him. Any other signs besides this?

KYChica
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:45 AM

I would call the police just to be on the safe side. If they can't do anything atleast you know you did your part.

When I lived in KY there was this couple all the way across the street , I heard ALOT of screaming , mostly female screams. I called the cops , just in case , they came out & a few mins later I saw the guy being arrested so apparently something was going on. I felt better knowing I helped someone even though 2 days later the guy was back & they were back together (Grrrr) , but I did my part as a good citizen.

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:45 AM

You could always try calling CPS.  I know here they are required to investigate every call no matter where. 

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:45 AM

maybe you can call the police first and say that your neighbors are loud baby crying w/e bu you are concerned..and hopefully theyw ill see something an they HAVE TO callcps if they think the baby is being harmed

hopefully that will work

momof3111418
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Do you think they are just trying to get the baby to bed? Or does it sound like a painful cry?

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
haydensmomma24
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

maybe you can call the police first and say that your neighbors are loud baby crying w/e bu you are concerned..and hopefully theyw ill see something an they HAVE TO callcps if they think the baby is being harmed

hopefully that will work

~Ashley~ 

Group owner of Northaven Elementary Group- Come join us!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/neseagles

mcqlove87
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:47 AM

listening to you guys argue about bedtime would be one thing, but to hear this stuff. . .broke my heart

Quoting ScrapbookLove:

If people heard my 2 year old at night fighting with us to go to bed...they'd probably think we were abusing him. Any other signs besides this?

Cakelover_5
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:48 AM

I would call child protective services when you hear it. they have to come out and see what is going on. Good luck!

momof3111418

That is notalways true. I called them on my sister for a BUNCH of reasons, and they told me they couldn't go unless they had more complaints, like from a school or police report

Quoting rowansmum:

You could always try calling CPS.  I know here they are required to investigate every call no matter where. 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
mcqlove87

more like painful. it wasn't that whiney cry, like it wasn't getting its way. it was like something was really wrong.

Quoting momof3111418:

Do you think they are just trying to get the baby to bed? Or does it sound like a painful cry?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)