Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayers needed: Please pray for these two little girls!!!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

Please pray for these two little girls everyone.  They need to be lifted up in prayer right now.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Two little girls are fighting for their lives after a tanker truck slammed into their car. The accident happened Tuesday at General Booth Boulevard and Hubbell Drive in Virginia Beach.

Police say the sisters, ages 2 and 3 are at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters. Both are listed in critical condition.

"It was really bad," said Herman Dumas.

That's the only way to describe the crash. Police say the family was stopped, waiting for the red light to change. They had no idea a big rig was quickly approaching.

"The tanker truck came up behind them and just slammed right into the back of the car," said Virginia Beach Police Officer Adam Bernstein.

"It was smashed," added Dumas. "The whole rear end, the trunk and everything all the way up to where the kids were sitting in their car seats."

Herman Dumas was first on the scene. He held one of the little girls' hands until help arrived.

"After a few minutes she started being a little bit responsive, squeezing back a little bit, but still not opening her eyes," added Dumas.

Others tried to help in a different way.

"We said a little prayer, because it looked so bad," said Charles Potter.

The tanker truck driver refused to answer any of's questions, but has to answer to police. We're told charges are pending against him. Police still don't know what he was doing right before the crash.

"He should have been a better driver than that," added Potter. "That's terrible."

While witnesses have their own feelings, one feeling is felt by everyone.

"We're hoping for the best for these two children right now," added Bernstein.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:06 AM

i said a prayer for them it's just so so sad :( im sorry

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:09 AM

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:13 AM

We will add them to our list.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:13 AM

That just breaks my heart!  my girls are 4 and 3, i couldnt imagine!  I will be praying!!!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Thats awful. Someone who we know just lost her husband last week due to a truck driver who was not licenced to drive the truck he was in.  He had a woodchipped in the back and when it hit sues husbands truck the chipper went through his window and killed him.  The trucking business is in some big trouble and they are offering a settlement for sue even before she went to find a lawyer.  This guy who hurt these little girls needs to be held accountable since they were at a red light when he hit them.

My 3 yr old twins

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:24 AM

OMG!!! I am so saddened by this, and we are starting to see this more and more lately. Truckers are not sleeping enough trying to make their deliveries on time or they are taking drugs that slow down their reaction time but keep them awake so they can get more hours of driving in...and it just breaks my heart when accidents like this happen. I live in Lake Butler, Florida and we had 7 children all in the same family, siblings killed when a trucker who had worked too many hours legally to be driving his truck, smashed into their car and wedged the car between his semi and a school bus that was stopped and unloading children. And this Mom and Dad here lost all 7 of their children at one time!! And we are from a very small town and everyone is like family around here and I mean this just devastated the entire town and we are all still haunted by this 2 yrs later.

Dear Lord,

I come to You praying that You will bring these two girls through this and send them back home to their parents where they belong Lord. I know that You have all of the power and can perform miracles that others would see as impossible! And I am asking for one of those miracles now! Guide the hands and the hearts of these doctors that are working on these two little girls, Lord, with Your infinite wisdom guide them. And give their family the strength that this is going to take for them to be there for these two precious girls!! And it is in Your son Jesus' name that I pray Fahter.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Will definitely pray for them

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:34 AM

My family and I will definately had them to our prayer list.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Thanks ladies.  I am a strong believer in prayer, and prayer chains.  I could imagine if that he been my LO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)