Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok mama's i have a question

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

my DF wants to buy a blackberry off ebay and we found one in our price range but here is the question he only has a prepaid phone. can i put that sim card in the blackberry and stil use it??? please tell me someone has done this or knows the answer

"One must live, not only exist; he must do, not merely be; he must grow, not just vegetate.
We must use our talents in behalf of our fellowmen rather than burying them in the tomb of a self-centered life."

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommyOnLI
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:39 AM

in order for a blackberry to work you need a data plan.. if pre-paids offer data plans i cant see why it wouldnt work....

but i dont know for sure.... the only thing i am 100% about is you NEED a data plan

also the phone should be UNLOCKED

Pregnancy ticker

Are you Due August 2009, come join my group!

baby

Elective C Section, Formula Feeding, Disposable Diaper, CIO, Pro- Vaxing, Pro-Circ Mommy to one of the best little men out there!

April3506
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:39 AM

I'm not sure.... Bump!

sexymomy942
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM

yes it will work

Noelle82
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:44 AM

I have a blackberry, and I dont believe you can. You have to pay for the blackberry plan, and I dont believe pre-paid plans include the blackberry plan.  I would probably get him something else since he is on a pre-paid.  There are a lot of other PDA/Smartphones out there.

sweetiepea22
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:45 AM

what is a data plan?

Quoting MommyOnLI:

in order for a blackberry to work you need a data plan.. if pre-paids offer data plans i cant see why it wouldnt work....

but i dont know for sure.... the only thing i am 100% about is you NEED a data plan

also the phone should be UNLOCKED

"One must live, not only exist; he must do, not merely be; he must grow, not just vegetate.
We must use our talents in behalf of our fellowmen rather than burying them in the tomb of a self-centered life."

wifey2006
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:46 AM

The phone will work as far as calling someone goes,but all the extras like the enternet and everything else you have to have that on your plan.I would check to see if pre paid has a plan you can use with it.

sexymomy942
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:47 AM

the only way the black berry wont work is if you want 2 send messages & stuff i have one as a spare just in case & i dont have a data plan on mine & it works fine !!

Noelle82
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Yes it can work as a phone, but that is it.  There is no point of getting a blackberry if you cant use it to it's full potential.  You might as well just get a reg. phone instead of spending the money on a blackberry.  That seems kind of silly to carry around two phones...just in case you want to send messages.  No sense in getting a blackberry.  JMO.

Quoting sexymomy942:

the only way the black berry wont work is if you want 2 send messages & stuff i have one as a spare just in case & i dont have a data plan on mine & it works fine !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)