Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child named Adolf Hitler

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM
  • 84 Replies

Do you think the parents have the right to be upset that the cake store wouldn't write his full name of his bday cake?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28269290/?gt1=43001

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcqlove87
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:14 AM

while i think it was a little wrong to name the child that, i do think the parents have a right to be upset. . .

ILoveAMissyTrucker.png I love my trucker image by mrs24fan

Kays_Mama06
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Its his name. Its their job to make cakes for birthdays. Yeah i'd be pretty bitchy.

To add... The dad is right. People do need to stop associating names like there is some kind of relation there. Yeah its a name that IN THE PAST had a huge impact on the world... But this is 2008... almost 2009. Someone should be able to name their child whatever they see fit without getting denied by a cake shop. That's just stupid.

I mean.. Would you not let your little girl play with a little boy who's name was Charles Manson? Come on. Its stupid.

Tabatha42183
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM

I don't think that they should deny to write the kids name on a damn cake. How can you deny a CHILD that right? Yeah they may not agree with the name but it's not their kid and they're not the ones getting bashed. I think this is plain out stupid. I agree with the father, just because he has THAT name doesn't mean he's going to grow up and do the same thing. And he was totally right, noone else would have that name. I like names that aren't all that common but I wouldn't name my son that but it was their decision on that name and they probably knew that they would get some name bashing because of it but still. I'd be pretty damn pissed about it.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Heck no.  They know who Adolf Hitler is and what he's done.  They knew what they were doing when they named their child.  It's the cake stores decision what they do or don't write on their cakes.

*EDIT*  Just like it's the cake store or any other store's decision to refuse service to any customer.

~Jill~

SunshineSmiles
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:22 AM

why would someone want to name their child after someone so heartless?

pregnancy
Mommy2_two
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:25 AM

The store CAN deny to put anything they deem as inappropriate on a cake. The parents got the cake done at Wal-Mart so what is thier problem. They knew the store would say no b/c they have for the last TWO YEARS when the parents wanted the name on there.   When you name your kid that you have to except some problems. 

Babyblueyes83
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:25 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Yes, what happened in the past should stay in the past and a name doesn't mean he will turn out to be anything like adolf hitler but why would u even want your child's name associated with that type of thing?

Quoting SunshineSmiles:

Mommy2_two
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Quoting SunshineSmiles:

The dad said b/c he LIKED the name and knew nobody else would have that name....WELL DUH!!!!  Ever  wonder why nobody else would WANT that name?

candysue
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:27 AM

I would be a little angry about it but c-mon.  You named your kid after a mass murdering war lord.  I want to know what his parents were thinking when they named him.  I mean when you chose a name for your child you have to take your child into consideration.  How is that little boy gonna feel when he grows up and learns about all the bad stuff that the real Hitler done and realizes that his parents named him after such a horrible man.  Yes the past is in the past but I still think that the parents were being selfish when they named that child.  I just wonder what their beliefs are and if they condone what happened so long ago by the hand of that awful man.

UNRESERVED THE GREATIST BAND TO EVER ROCK THE STAGE!!!!

we rock

dragonfly24
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Im sorry it may be 2008 but its not like Hitler was a mild guy. He is the epitomy of hate. Any time anyone thinks of that name that is what they see. So I ask what exactly was the reasoning behind giving your child that aweful name? the only reason I would name my child after someone would be to honor that person. So did they name him Adolf Hitler to honor Hitler or to get the attention they are getting right now? personnally I wouldnt want my children associated with the hate that that name brought.

TIA(31)  DH(38) T-MAN (10) T-BONE (5) LAYLA BUG 08-25-2008!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)