Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dayton ohio?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

is anyone from here? is it nice? how are the school? expensive area or no? lots to do? good malls? safe area? we might be getting transfered there to wright patterson afb, so just looking for info, thanks!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
4cuteboys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:11 AM

if anyone is from the base, that would be great too!!

snoopy21276
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:12 AM

do a seach of moms for that area..you could leave some friendly chatterbox mesages that you are a military wife who may be transfered there soon and just trying to meet some poeple, get opinions :)

good luck

4cuteboys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM

THANKS! I am going to try that, i hope this move works, we've been stuck in new jersey for far too long. its like the armpit of the world ;)

Quoting snoopy21276:

do a seach of moms for that area..you could leave some friendly chatterbox mesages that you are a military wife who may be transfered there soon and just trying to meet some poeple, get opinions :)

good luck

HappyMadreof2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM

I live north of Dayton. The base area is nicer than actually Dayton it self. Near the base there are 2 nice malls, I don't know how the schools are in that area, but our schools are really nice. I don't think it is expensive, but I guess that depends on where you are moving from. I feel safe where we are, but there are definatly places in Dayton I don't feel safe, like downtown. You can contact me if you have more questions!

bugnroosmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:17 AM

hey, i'm about 30mins south of WPAFB. My hubby was born there. It's about like everywhere else. Some areas bad, some good. i wouldn't live in Downtown Dayton(which is actually about 30mins north of the base). Dayton mall is huge. there are alot of shops & cinemas, roller rinks around. Tons to do. historical parks, Dayton dragons(minor leagues), convention center. Tons!!

Mommy25Boys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Im not from there personally but I do live just under 2 hrs away... Its one of Ohios bigger cities and its very nice.... My sister use to live right outside the city and loved it.... There is a lot more to do there than in my dinky lil town..... Sorry I wasn't too much help but you can always google it....

Mrs.Rossman
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:23 AM

i lived in ohio for practically my whole life. and i always loved going to dayton! my grandpa worked at the wright pat for like 30 some years and retired from there he loved it! just like most big cities depending on where you live and go depends on the safety of it. but the malls are great, price of living is about the same as any other big city. and its ohio so the people are nice! thats mainly why i miss home so much:( i love ohio.

4cuteboys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:44 AM

thank you ladies! well i am hoping to live on base, so hopefully that works out! i am just praying we get this job. we've been stuck in jersey for 14 almost 15 years, its time to move on!! dayton sounds exactly for us! where we are, in jersey  is really only good if you like going out to bars, and clubs and stuff, none of which we are into. we like malls, and eating out and family stuff. lol!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)