Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever filed for bankruptcy? Need advce. PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM
  • 4 Replies

It seems that though a series of misfortunes me and my DH have gotten way in over our head in debt. We recently have had to defer our mortgage, and even with that my DH doesn't make enough to cover our bills. Now before you go jumping down my throat for having the internet, I will tell you that my job as a WAHM is selling things online, basically we buy things cheap and resell them for much higher. We are trying to weigh out all of our options before making a decision. We have of course considered my DH getting a second job, selling our house (even though we won't make enough in the sale to break even) and moving in with his parents in another state, in which case his mother could provide free child care so I could go back to work. We don't qualify for any assistnace either. MY DH suggested that he file for bankruptcy, since the house is in his name and I have almost no credit I wouldn't not have to be involoved legally. I've read about bankruptcy online, but I am hoping someone might be able to give me the scoop about it from personal experience. Please if you want to bash me don't bother, I'm young inexperienced and I'm scared and looking for real advice.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DiannasKeeper
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:25 AM

my husband and i are now in the process of filing and it is not that bad they look at your credit sit with you and work our a plan most of the time you can get a free consltation sorry for spelling and they will tell you how you can help now you dont have to file but i would go with him so you know what is happening the whole way

I am a sahm,army wife, bottle feeding,spankin,non-US citizen,was in the National Guard, support my Husband in anything he does,Love my little princess kinda mamma

cinderella22_17
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Don't do it!!!

My hubby did right before we were married and it's still bitting us in the ass almost 8 yrs later!

heatherann0221
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:29 PM

I have worked for a bankruptcy lawyer. What exactly do you want to know?

herheather
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Me and Dh filed Chapter 13 a almots 4 years ago.  We were in BAD credit card debt.  With filing chapter 13 we were able to keep both vehicles, and our house.  We paid a fixed apyment for 3 years and in March on this year (08) we made our last payment.  Depending on your situation it may be a good thing and it may be a bad thing.  PM me if you would like to talk more cause I have recently gone through this.

Heather

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)