Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that say....post yours here!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

My other post got the D so I'm going to try to rephrase this in a nicer way.

For those that say.....my "job" is harder.  What is hard to you may be quite easy to others and vice versa.  Try to remember that.

For those that say....I work all day then have to do everything at home.  Some things can be let go.  "Good enough" is really good enough...that's why its called good enough.  Nothing has to be perfect and perfection will not usually bring you anything extra.  

For those that say....I can't even pee without my child present.  Unless your child has a medical disability that requires you to monitor their every move, placing your child outside of the bathroom while you are peeing will not hurt them.  You really CAN pee in private if you would like.

Please feel free to add your own helpful suggestions!  This is all IN FUN so let's keep it FUN!   

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:10 PM

there was IMHO nothing wrong with your original post.

i just think too many ppl have their panties in a wad today.

Pregnancy ticker

Are you Due August 2009, come join my group!

baby

Elective C Section, Formula Feeding, Disposable Diaper, CIO, Pro- Vaxing, Pro-Circ Mommy to one of the best little men out there!

caliessence87
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:12 PM

For those who say someone else raises my kids because they are in a daycare, I invest a lot of money in where my children go as far as a learning institution, and because I dont qualify for state assistance, I foot a bill of 12,000 a year for my kids...............

zacnmariesmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Is there a working mom vs. SAHM war again? LOL

Jezzabelle718
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Anyone else?  I say instead of allowing ourselves to be victimized we offer helpful hints for other moms that we've learned.

Here's another:

Believe or not...I can watch TV AND cook dinner at the same time.  The glory of multi-tasking lol!

abmm
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM

I have to do 2 things at once or I will fall asleep. LOL. I work full time graveyard shift and stay at home all day with my kids. On a good day I get a 3 hour nap before I have to go to work again. So yea I do take a nap almost every day while my LO does.

Quoting Jezzabelle718:

Anyone else?  I say instead of allowing ourselves to be victimized we offer helpful hints for other moms that we've learned.

Here's another:

Believe or not...I can watch TV AND cook dinner at the same time.  The glory of multi-tasking lol!

Jezzabelle718
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Here's a secret...sometimes when my DD is sick and I have to stay home from work...I nap when she's napping.   Don't tell anyone.  It sounds better if I pretend that I never get a second to relax LMAO.

Quoting abmm:

I have to do 2 things at once or I will fall asleep. LOL. I work full time graveyard shift and stay at home all day with my kids. On a good day I get a 3 hour nap before I have to go to work again. So yea I do take a nap almost every day while my LO does.

Quoting Jezzabelle718:

Here's another:

ms-vero
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:31 PM

clappingI agree.

Mom2Ali2007
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:31 PM

For those who complain they can't get anything done with kids underfoot......

Let them think they are helping , youd be amazed at how much that frees up your time

Doing dishes, give them their own wet cloth and let them "Wash" the stove and fridge while you wash dishes.

Laundry? Give them a washcloth or towel to fold while you fold the rest.

Dusting and vacuming, again give them a washrag, they will "help"

Cooking? Put them on the other end of the kitchen with a plastic bowl and plastic spoon and a pan , they can cook while you cook

This also gets them ready for "chores" later.

Ali helps me put cloths in the dryer ,pick up her toys,she helps me feed the dog and cat and she helps take dishes to the sink, She also tries to clean the kitty liter box........lol , I tell her how bout you give me an IOU insted and I will turn it in when your 11 and don't want to do it........hehe

If she can do these things at 15 months anyones kids can do it

Shel

Mom to Ali born 08~27~07 7:11 pm

7lb 1oz 20 1/2 inches long

a_l_daigle
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM

OMG somebody with a valid point...koodos to you....blowing kisses

tonisalex
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM

I can clean with my kids home, I can't clean with the husband home. I don't have any tips I can think of. I just find it funny when I hear people say they can't clean with the kids around. I do it all the time, with or with our their help. So really don't see the big deal there. If I think of something I will post.

Quoting Mom2Ali2007:

For those who complain they can't get anything done with kids underfoot......

Let them think they are helping , youd be amazed at how much that frees up your time

Doing dishes, give them their own wet cloth and let them "Wash" the stove and fridge while you wash dishes.

Laundry? Give them a washcloth or towel to fold while you fold the rest.

Dusting and vacuming, again give them a washrag, they will "help"

Cooking? Put them on the other end of the kitchen with a plastic bowl and plastic spoon and a pan , they can cook while you cook

This also gets them ready for "chores" later.

Ali helps me put cloths in the dryer ,pick up her toys,she helps me feed the dog and cat and she helps take dishes to the sink, She also tries to clean the kitty liter box........lol , I tell her how bout you give me an IOU insted and I will turn it in when your 11 and don't want to do it........hehe

If she can do these things at 15 months anyones kids can do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)