Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would someone put their child in that situation?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM
  • 49 Replies

I have been thinking a lot about the parents who leave their children with registered sex offenders! aren't they kind of asking for it? for example a girl I work with needed a sitter and her cousin lives with her he is registered why would you 1. let him live with you while there are children in the house 2. Why would you ask him to babysit! and leave him alone with them!

Dr Phil a long while ago a women was molested by her father growing up yet she let her son go and stay the night and the grandpa watch him! WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!!!!!

Why would someone with children date a sex offender, stay married to one! WHY WHY WHY that is just asking for it!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jules297
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:28 PM

It depends WHY he is registered. You can pee in public and get put on that list...

kaitlynsmommy31

I would have to say because they are either desperate. (still not an excuse) Or just plain crazy. (unless they didn't know...and if they did, then I feel sorry for their children for having to put up with such parents)

akataml

I think some people are still blinded by the assumption that people can change, either that or they just dont believe that person is capable of what they are accused of.

Either way i think its stupid and irresponsible to even take the chance

raegansmom

IMO...they are selfish, ignorant people with no regard for their children's well being!  It amazes me that you must pass TWO tests to get a drivers license, but any moron can have a child!

prestonjohn
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:29 PM

i agree

Quoting Jules297:

It depends WHY he is registered. You can pee in public and get put on that list...

marina069

completely agree

Quoting raegansmom:

IMO...they are selfish, ignorant people with no regard for their children's well being!  It amazes me that you must pass TWO tests to get a drivers license, but any moron can have a child!

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

jaycee1124

I agree. If I trusted someone and the only reason they were a registered sex offender was because they peed in public or mooned the oppossing team's bus then that alone would not make me thing there was something wrong.

Sex offender does NOT always mean sexual predator.

Quoting Jules297:

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Tell that girl at work to be careful.  Not only is she putting her child in danger, but she is also breaking the law.  If he is indeed registered, he cannot legally live in the house with children unless they are his own, and even sometimes that is not allowed.  Also, he must not be honest with his PO, because they would not allow that to happen either.  My step-brother is a registered sex offender.

Group Owner-NarAnon Moms-www.cafemom.com/group/28555-families of drug addicts

Group Owner-TMI Questions-www.cafemom.com/group/91045-embarassing Q & A

Group Owner-DRADA, Depression and Related Affective Disorders-www.cafemom.com/group/52557

Group Owner-Cheap and Easy KID FRIENDLY recipes-www.cafemom.com/group/88827

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I guess I didn't think about that option with my first response.  I used to be the first to speak up and say you don't know the circumstances because my step-brother is a registered sex offender, but his charge was for having sex with his underage girlfriend.  They were in a long term relationship.  But since he has been out of prison and still exhibiting nasty behavior (my ex and him went to the store together and he was trying to point out all kinds of young girls to my ex), I've changed my tune.  He's not allowed anywhere near my children.

Quoting Jules297:

Group Owner-NarAnon Moms-www.cafemom.com/group/28555-families of drug addicts

Group Owner-TMI Questions-www.cafemom.com/group/91045-embarassing Q & A

Group Owner-DRADA, Depression and Related Affective Disorders-www.cafemom.com/group/52557

Group Owner-Cheap and Easy KID FRIENDLY recipes-www.cafemom.com/group/88827

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:32 PM

She is working on kicking him out! Thats the rules here to! But i think 1 or 2 of his kids live their too! Its just a confusing deal!

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Tell that girl at work to be careful. Not only is she putting her child in danger, but she is also breaking the law. If he is indeed registered, he cannot legally live in the house with children unless they are his own, and even sometimes that is not allowed. Also, he must not be honest with his PO, because they would not allow that to happen either. My step-brother is a registered sex offender.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)