Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Headaches while pregnant.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 18 weeks pregnant. I've had a headache now for 3 weeks straight. Nothing is helping. I've tried Tylenol, Ice Packs, sleeping, caffeine, drinking lots of water, every piece of advice I've been given (within in reason of course) I've tried. I don't know what to do anymore! I talked to my Dr. and he was the one that recommended the ice pack. I need advice! This is really starting to get on my nerves and affect my day to day life. Please help me!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shanibug06
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM

How's your BP been?? Maybe dehydration? If they have lasted this long I think your DR needs to check into maybe doing some kind of testing. I don't kow. Just a thought.

Sarahb21
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:43 PM

I was thinking about going back in, but they were so non chalant about it when I went in before. (when it was going on a week straight) But maybe now that its been 3 weeks!

Quoting shanibug06:

How's your BP been?? Maybe dehydration? If they have lasted this long I think your DR needs to check into maybe doing some kind of testing. I don't kow. Just a thought.

Braydens_Mama06
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM
How are your eyes? Do you wear glasses or contacts? Sometimes during pregnancy your eye sight will change causing you to need a new prescription or even causing you to need one for the first time. The changes may be so small that you dont notice but your eyes are having to work extra hard to keep things in focus which can cause headaches. I would head to your WalMart or any place else that does eye exams and get them checked out. You never know, and especially since nothing else seems to be working, it may be the cause.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother" - Lin Yutang

"Boys are found everywhere - on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket." - Alan Marshall Beck

marina069
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM

ask your dr for Midrin, i had horrible headaches during pregnancy and these helped, hope you feel better soon

I just read the other replies and they are right, how is your bp?  are you getting very swollen, having blurry vision, those are all signs of pre-eclampsia, not to scare you and i'm sure your dr is taking good care of you, but headaches are also a sign of this, very dangerous of it isn't taken care of, good luck

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

shanibug06
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Yes, this too. I've never had to wear glasses until AFTER I had my 3rd baby. Just from being pregnant it had changed my eyesight drastically
Maybe give your OB a call and have them check your bp and if that's fine I would have your eyes checked.

Quoting Braydens_Mama06:

How are your eyes? Do you wear glasses or contacts? Sometimes during pregnancy your eye sight will change causing you to need a new prescription or even causing you to need one for the first time. The changes may be so small that you dont notice but your eyes are having to work extra hard to keep things in focus which can cause headaches. I would head to your WalMart or any place else that does eye exams and get them checked out. You never know, and especially since nothing else seems to be working, it may be the cause.

LauraMisch
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM

i have killer headaches form time to time as well, but mine i know are the cause of incredible toothaches!  all four of my wisdom teeth re still growing in and i have one tooth that is waiting to be extracted from a previous root canal gone bad! :( this all causes a severe amount of pain in my face and my head - but i do not take anything in worries it will harm the baby.

i will have to wait to see my ob to get approval to see a dentist and have xrays done, something else i am very hesitant to do.  but they say one of the most important things in a pregnancy is to have good healthy strong gums and teeth - so it has to happen! 

also get really bad migraines if i haven't had enough rest!  especially in these early stages - not enough sleep can really wear you down!  physically and mentally.  make sure you are getting plenty of rest!  keeping well hydrated and sit down to relax as often as possible!  you don't want to work yourself into a coma :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)