Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about baby food...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is just over 6 months old. I have her eating rice cereal and oatmeal as well as bananas, apple sauce and carrots (in addition to her formula). The fruits and veggies are all stage 1 baby foods but I don't know when I'm supposed to move on to stage 2. Can any one let me know what the age requirements are for moving on to different stages of food? Thanks!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ldw5108a
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:28 PM

i was told that you start 2nd foods at 8 months and then 3 at 10 months

arkaye13
You can move to stage 2 now if you want. All it is is more food and a little tiny bit thicker.
Bens_momma

If there is a struggle to get her to finish the stage 1 foods, I would keep her eating those for now.  But if she eats the whole jar and seems like she wants more, then switch her to stage 2.

mackenziesmomy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Try a little bit and see how she does.. If she acts like she is gaging over it...wait a couple of weeks or so try again.

mellieking
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:31 PM

I totally agree

Quoting Bens_momma:

If there is a struggle to get her to finish the stage 1 foods, I would keep her eating those for now.  But if she eats the whole jar and seems like she wants more, then switch her to stage 2.

stacymomof2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Whenever you want!  The only thing I ever noticed that was different was that they came in a bigger jar!  They may be a little thicker.

MR777
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I know we are slowly moving our daughter(7mo. old) onto stage 3 foods because she was polishing off 2 jars of stage 2 foods, and eating cherrio's/Gerber Puffs/Biter Biscuts type things and not having issues w/them..... WE moved her from stage 1 to 2's when she was eating 2 jars of stage 1 foods, we knew she was then ready for the next stage..... If she would have gaged I would have waited a few days to a few weeks to try again....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)