Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is sooo wrong with Hannah Montanna? Updated!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM
  • 82 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you dislike Hannah Montanna?

Options:

Yes

No

No opiniion

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 189

View Results

I was in a post the other day about what toys you would NOT be buying this year and I was surprised to see that a lot of moms answered anything but Hannah Montanna. 

My daughter loves her and I like her too, I'm just curious to know why others don't.

Ok so you guys are reading and voting but no one is telling me why.  I really want to know is there something I should be aware of that may change how I feel about her or does she just annoy yall.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOM22QTS
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:05 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with hannah montana..but im just over her. We already bought a crapload of hannah montana things. if my daughter wanted something of hannah montana, i wouldnt have a problem getting it for her. Iactually bought her hm pajamas but thats about it.

texas1981
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Im not sure why people dont like Hannah Montana, not only does my DD love her show but so do I.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:06 PM

I don't care for all the commericalization and character stuff associated with Hannah Montana. And I get annoyed listening to her speech impediment.

adri_nevarez
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:07 PM

I don't like that she is targeted towards a younger audience yet her show is more for teenagers. 

jodyann2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:08 PM

yep me too. guilty as charged!

Quoting texas1981:

Im not sure why people dont like Hannah Montana, not only does my DD love her show but so do I.

babyteddybear

First off, call me what you will but I am a big fan of Billy Ray Cyrus, (her father for those of you who don't know that). I always have been and I saw him in concert about 6 years ago. Second of all, although I have not really listened to her music, I have seen her show a few times. My daughter is a huge fan of hers and I will get her things that she likes along with my boys. I am not a big fan of Spongebob, but my 12 yr old son absolutely loves him and if he wanted something of spongebob for christmas, I would totally get it for him. I think that Hannah Montana is pretty and I think she has grown up quite a bit for her age, but from what I have heard her sing, she does a good job!!

cookieisaSAHM

How about the inapprporiate behavior for someone who entertains kids? Plus, I hate the fact that she sounds like a 60 year old smoker, lol.

lizmarie1975
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM

I have no opinion of Hannah Montana.  My DD3 knows who she is (must have been from daycare) and has a Hannah Montana microphone but she doesn't watch the show.

rileyann
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM

LOL me too, that's why I was wondering.  I think she is adorable and both my girls lover her!

Sure there is a lot of commercialization but so is everything else out there.

Quoting jodyann2:

yep me too. guilty as charged!

Quoting texas1981:

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it. My 8 year old daughter loves Hannah Montana and I bought her a bunch of Hannah Montana stuff for Christmas. I think it is a cute show.

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1jasoer2.jpg jasper image by NiK_ThE_NuT7255646.jpg Jasper Hale image by mabudachi3OMEYUP.jpg Team Jasper image by sspatlan88

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)