Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can we really blame walmart

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:20 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok So I saw a commerical on tv last night about walmart importing things from china. My question is most stuff other than food in their store is a name brand. Shouldn;t be be blaming fisher price playschool leapfrog . Ect. They are the ones selling this stuff to walmart walmart in turn is just selling it to customers

pregnancy

Sick of the Drama in other Pregnancy groups ??  Join Me at Pregnancy Support- NO DRAMA

http://www.cafemom.com/group/94049

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jackie06
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:24 PM

They don't do anything any other major retailer does so if blame is going to be passed it should be passed to the manafacturer,IMO.

momtoamo
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:26 PM

If you actually look into Walmart.  You will find they do many horrible things, that other companies do not do.

l

Ziggy.Stardust

We cant place all the blame on any one person or place. The manufacturers import from China, Walmart stocks their products and then we buy them...  I think it would really take a team effort to pull out of China..

raine.arnesen

I think it should be on the manufacturer. Although wal-mart is still evil, lol :)

I am a as long as we're not starving our kids let's agree to disagree with what we feed them, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, pro-life, bible believing follower of Christ, college graduate, stay at home, hot Momma of Kendal, a sweet, mellow baby girl and married to the love of my life :) Any other questions? ;)

haleyleedy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM

My grandma worked there after she retired for fun money. I know they do bad but we buy into it .

Quoting momtoamo:

If you actually look into Walmart.  You will find they do many horrible things, that other companies do not do.

pregnancy

Sick of the Drama in other Pregnancy groups ??  Join Me at Pregnancy Support- NO DRAMA

meandmybean
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Yes, because they could just as easily purchase from US companies as well. They are the largest distributor nation wide and can afford to add some US companies to the supply as an example to other stores.

haleyleedy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM

But what maufactor still does buisness in the united states for household goods and toys ect

Quoting meandmybean:

Yes, because they could just as easily purchase from US companies as well. They are the largest distributor nation wide and can afford to add some US companies to the supply as an example to other stores.

pregnancy

Heatherlee88
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:32 PM

All i have to say is if Sam Walton were alive, i think he would be disgusted with the way his stores are running....

Hubby and I              Haylee           Poe

momtoamo
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Yes I do believe this too.  Then again he did raise his kids, and married his wife.  He must have had a hand in how greedy they all became.

Quoting Heatherlee88:

All i have to say is if Sam Walton were alive, i think he would be disgusted with the way his stores are running....

l

Heatherlee88
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:35 PM

quite true!

Quoting momtoamo:

Yes I do believe this too.  Then again he did raise his kids, and married his wife.  He must have had a hand in how greedy they all became.

Quoting Heatherlee88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)