Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont feel sorry for her....am I mean?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:47 PM
  • 24 Replies

My moms has an older sister in her 50's who doesn't work and hasn't worked in over 10 years. For 8 out of those 10 years she wouldn't even go out of the house. She says she had panic/anxiety attacks. Her husband who is 8 years older than her works his ass off to support her......and get this their 2 ADULT CHILDREN!! Now I know shes got the anxiety along with diabetes, but she has grown children who have never worked a day in their lives and they are flat broke with hardly any food. My mom and I brought them a turkey dinner for thanksgiving and they didn't seem grateful at all. My two cousins didn't even say hi to us when we came!! My mom feels sorry for them and wants to go out of her way on Christmas and stand in line to get free food for them. My opinion is that my cousins should be out there every day looking for a job to help my uncle, and if they want food they should be the one standing in the church lines to get it. I cant feel sorry for people who aren't out there trying.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyD
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Her hubby and everyone else is enabling them. They need to be cut off.

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:49 PM

no, your not mean, just realistic!

okrasin
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:49 PM

I believe that one of her "kids" should be the ones to stand in line. It sounds as though they aren't doing anything else with their time.. :)

lilmomma92706
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:50 PM

no, I wouldn't feel bad at atll. If they are happy sitting on their butts complaining, then let them starve, sounds like they want everything handed out to them, the more you enable this, the worse it will get!

Kchambers

I AGREE WITH YOU AND THE 1ST POSTER... THEY ARE JUST LAZY AND THEY ARE ENABLING THEM IF I WAS YOUR UNCLE I WOULD RUN FAR FAR AWAY SO THEY CAN LEARN ...

Karina

Proud Air Force Wife, Boricua, Pa' Que Tu Lo Sepas!!!. Breastfeeding, Vaxing, Spanking, CIO, Co-Sleeping, Circumsizing, Pro-Choice, Extremely Liberal, Recycling, Animal Lover Mother Of 2 and 1 On The Way!!!

meghan925

Quoting KittyD:

Her hubby and everyone else is enabling them. They need to be cut off.

I'm a Life LOViN' 17 year old GREAT teen mommy to Alaina (14 months old) I vaccinate, bottle feed, and co-sleep. I let my daughter CIO, but still spoil her to death. A kinda pro-life, dont give a shit what you think, fast-food junkie, badass stay at home mom :) I drive an 89 ford bronco and love it, have been with my man for 3 years and not pushing marriage anytime soon. Got my high school diploma and I'm on the way to break the teen mommy stereotype. I dont regret any decisions I have made in my life and honestly, I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!

momoflgs
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I agree, why help people that won't help themselves. I would tell them when and where they can get the free food and if they don't go get it then thats their fault!

AFWifeNMom

You are not mean, I don't know the whole situation, but i am with you!

VerucaSallt

The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.

ROBIN99
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM

I WOULD FEEL THE SAME WAY.. IF THEY HAE KIDS OVER THE AGE OF 18, THEY NEED TO GET OFF THEIR A$$ES AND GET A JOB OR MOVE OUT...

Quoting KimmyShaw:

no, your not mean, just realistic!

" NEVER TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS.."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)