Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hardly eating . . . (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

My littleone used to eat A LOT -- I mean she could put some to shame.  She's always been this good eater until a couple of months ago -- her appetite has dropped a lot.  I mean, she does snack thoughout the day, but again, not a lot.  However, today for instance, she hasn't eaten much -- a little bit of cheerios for breakfast and some banana bread.  She took a long nap and I asked her if she wanted lunch, so fixed her a PB&J sandwhich (1/2 of one because I know she's been wasting) and she barely ate 2 bites and said she was done!!!!  It's just hit or miss on what meal she is going to eat -- are any of you experiencing this with your 2 YO?

bushs last day!me want cookie!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bensmom22
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:02 PM

My son is 2 and some days he eats all day long and some days he doesn't eat anything at all. It's hard to get him to eat when he's tired or he's busy or interested in something else. He just eats when he gets ready and there's pretty much nothing I can do.

IsoAnAtisMommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:06 PM

My daughter is the same way! She only eats a few bites of food and says she wants to get down from the table, shes never really been a big eater though.

goskim25892
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:06 PM

my dd is almost 4 and still does this. I have days when i don't eat as much, so I don't worry about it. They just get too busy to eat!

sethsmom25
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:15 PM

LOL...sounds like a typical toddler to me!!!  I've heard some days they go a few days stuffing their faces and then the next few days they hardly touch a thing.  Totally normal.  At one point i swore my son had a tapeworm because he would eat sooooo much, but then somedays he hardly eats anything!

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM

My DD barely eats ever unless growth spurts, she is such a little peanut. My Doc said it was normal for appetites to change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)