Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Beauty question

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

OK I just got done watching the movie and I'm a little confused about the end.. So was it the dude next door that shot him or was it his wife? Also is there a second part to this movie??

grandmagrandma   wearing crownmommy    baby boybaby

IT IS A POVERTY TO DECIDE THAT A CHILD MUST DIE SO THAT YOU MAY LIVE AS YOU WISH- MOTHER TERESA

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy.Stardust
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:20 PM

I saw it a long time ago but i thought he killed himself at the end? Maybe i cant remember right. I dont think there is a sequal though, never heard of one anyway.

ms-vero
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:21 PM

bump

angieizzi
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:21 PM

the next door neighbor shot him. no second part

my2boyz101
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM

great movie one of my favs! the father from next door shot him because he embarassed and disgraced himself when he approached him about a homosexual fling and kevin spacey rejected him. unfortunately there was no sequel just a one time story, would love to see one but it was essentially the story of a day in his life just before the end of his life.

Callie-bishop
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:23 PM

the guy next door was a homophobe and thought that his son and the main character were having sex. Then he went over there and hit on him. The Main guy rejected so the dude next door went over there and shot him.

Saintlouisde397
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM

ok so why the hell did his wife run upstairs and hide her purse in the closet? Also why did she start hugging his clothes??????? Shouldnt she have called the police instead of doing these weird things?

IT IS A POVERTY TO DECIDE THAT A CHILD MUST DIE SO THAT YOU MAY LIVE AS YOU WISH- MOTHER TERESA

rag_dollmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:27 PM

The guy next door shot him; he had beat the shit out of his son because he thought he was having sex with him but he wasn't; the guy next door was gay but acted homophobic. I love this movie.

angieizzi
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM

if i recall correctly she was entertaining the idea of shooting him, but changed her mind and did that stuff before the neighbor killed him

Quoting Saintlouisde397:

ok so why the hell did his wife run upstairs and hide her purse in the closet? Also why did she start hugging his clothes??????? Shouldnt she have called the police instead of doing these weird things?

Saintlouisde397
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM

ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh!! I get it now!!!

Quoting angieizzi:

if i recall correctly she was entertaining the idea of shooting him, but changed her mind and did that stuff before the neighbor killed him

Quoting Saintlouisde397:

rag_dollmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I think she was going to kill him and walked in on him already dead and freaked out that they were going to find her guilty and hugged the clothes because she felt bad for cheating on him.

Quoting Saintlouisde397:

ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh!! I get it now!!!

Quoting angieizzi:

Quoting Saintlouisde397:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)