Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've got a puker. HELP!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

My DS is 13 days old.  He's on Good Start formula & is doing great.  We tried Similac (regular & soy) & it was projectile vomited immediately after ingestion.  We tried Prosobee & he did fine for a few days & then it was the same thing.  So, finally we ended up on Good Start.  He was doing great, but now it's not so good anymore.  I CAN NOT get him to burp on this stuff.  I try for 20 minutes or longer sometimes after he eats an ounce (he takes two oz. total) & he still doesn't burp.  I try him on my chest while I'm sitting up, him on my chest while I'm laying down, him sitting up, any way I can think of.  So now occasionally he'll spit up, sometimes a lot & sometimes a little.  I'm sure it's the lack of burping but I don't know what else to do.  HELP!!!!

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, non-circumsizing, public schooling, disposable diapering kinda mom.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"We should really love each other in peace and harmony, instead we're fussin' and fightin' like we ain't supposed to be." - Bob Marley
"Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside." - Rita Rudner
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
supermommie1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:45 PM

try enfamil lipal with iron..

~supermommie~
thebestbrianne

All my dd would keep down was Enfamil, and she did not like the liquid, just the powder. If you make and appointment with your doctor the ymight be able to give you soem samples of different stuff to try. We went through all the different Good Starts too because that's what the doc recommended, it just didn't work for us.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

bethandbabies26

Take him to the doctor and tell the doc what's up. My son didn't hold down a feeding until his reflux was diagnosed. It was so bad the doc had him on Isomil and prescribed him Zantac and a muscle relaxer for his tummy...it worked wonders. No more spitting like in the Exorcist. It was really scary before we knew what it was...today he is 13 months and doesn't spit at all. We also put cereal in his bottles and elevated him when he was sleeping...We stuck pillows under his mattress to keep the acid down...good luck!

mommysasha1988
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:46 PM

If it was acid reflux he'd spit it up every time wouldn't he?

Quoting bethandbabies26:

Take him to the doctor and tell the doc what's up. My son didn't hold down a feeding until his reflux was diagnosed. It was so bad the doc had him on Isomil and prescribed him Zantac and a muscle relaxer for his tummy...it worked wonders. No more spitting like in the Exorcist. It was really scary before we knew what it was...today he is 13 months and doesn't spit at all. We also put cereal in his bottles and elevated him when he was sleeping...We stuck pillows under his mattress to keep the acid down...good luck!

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, non-circumsizing, public schooling, disposable diapering kinda mom.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"We should really love each other in peace and harmony, instead we're fussin' and fightin' like we ain't supposed to be." - Bob Marley
"Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside." - Rita Rudner
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

P13
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:59 PM
My DD use to spit up her formula a lot as well and when I told the doctor what was going on she recommended that I feed her at like a 30 degree angle. I tried that and things have worked out great for me. Maybe you could try that and see. I also use the Lipil with iron and she seems to do well on that. As for burping sometimes my DD doesn't burp and my doctor just said through out the day try burping her even if you didn't feed her. I like to put my dd arms and head over my shoulder rub her back then pat and switch between rubbing and patting that normally works for me. Good luck hope the little one gets over the puking :P
mytwogirls57
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I formula fed my oldest and she was a projectile vomiter. Found out she had an allergy to dairy. She couldnt digest soy either. The doc prescribed Nutramigen(sp?), a special kind of formula. So I would suggest talking to your doc about a possible allergy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)