Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It Isnt Much This Year....

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

But at least they will have something...i went to the Dollar Tree today and spent $10 and got all this stuff for my kids stockings:

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunflowergirl76
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Your children will be happy with whatever they get in their stockings!  A lot of us are in the same position; there isn't a lot of money to spend on Christmas this year.  However, it shouldn't matter if they get dollar store items.  Some kids are happy with whatever they receive! 

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM

My kids are still young, and dont really get it yet, but at least they wont be like my best friends step DD who told her last year that she didnt like anything they bought her (and if i had been there, i would have knocked her upside her head!!!)....i know christmas isnt about the gifts, and wont teach my kids that it is, but i guess its just nice to be able to do a little for them (since my ILs make it all about gifts *rolls eyes*)

Quoting sunflowergirl76:

Your children will be happy with whatever they get in their stockings!  A lot of us are in the same position; there isn't a lot of money to spend on Christmas this year.  However, it shouldn't matter if they get dollar store items.  Some kids are happy with whatever they receive! 

smorekids
by 867-5309/Jenny on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:54 PM

I think that they will be happy with that! You did some good pickins!!

Smorekids

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Thank ya!!  I really hope my Ds likes his stuff...idk, we will see lol

Quoting smorekids:

I think that they will be happy with that! You did some good pickins!!

smorekids
by 867-5309/Jenny on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM

You gave me an idea!! I guess that's where I am going to get stocking stuffers!!

Smorekids

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:03 PM

:) good! Heck, $10 bucks got me more than i thought lol!

Quoting smorekids:

You gave me an idea!! I guess that's where I am going to get stocking stuffers!!

smorekids
by 867-5309/Jenny on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM

AWESOME!!! I think it will cost me more than $10 bucks, I have 4 kids! But $5 bucks each is good & that should be plenty! So I am looking at $20! lol

Quoting missamanda86:

:) good! Heck, $10 bucks got me more than i thought lol!

Quoting smorekids:

Smorekids

Ms.Mommy125
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:09 PM

That stuff is great! I got most of my stuffers at the Dollar Spot at Target!

LisaNKen
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM

This might sound mean to some, but my kids will be taught to appreciate what they have.  If either one of my kids rolled their eyes then all gifts go back and I buy myself something!!  They won't do it again!!

expecting boynurse

Mellhanks
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I think they will love it mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)