Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best stain removal ideas

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

My very sneaky 20 month old daughter decided to draw all over the brand new pants that she was wearing. I mean BRAND NEW, like she had been wearing them for maybe an hour. I thought it was ball point pen, but when I washed it off of her hands,  I started thinking that maybe its a fine point felt pen. These pants are pink and mostly cotton. Any good ideas about how to get the pen out? I'm worried that I'll set the stain if I just throw them in the washing machine.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sweetpeasx3
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Hairspray works good with clothes- put it on the spot, use an old toothbrush and rub it  then wash it- sometimes it will work right away & then sometimes it takes a few washes.

madeline0330
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Do you have to do that right away? I don't own any hairspray so it'd be at least 4 or 5 hours until I could try it. Maybe even 12 hours.

Quoting Sweetpeasx3:

Hairspray works good with clothes- put it on the spot, use an old toothbrush and rub it  then wash it- sometimes it will work right away & then sometimes it takes a few washes.

bamandbeausmomm
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM

I've always heard that cluib soda works pretty good, but I've never tried it.  I like the new Spray N Wash with Resolve.

MAyers
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM

purex clorox for clothes 2 works wonders on clothes. it gets out pretty much everything! good luck!

armywife_ldm

i always take my mom & grandma's advice on stain removal... regular old dishwashing liquid. seriously, no other stain remover on the market is going to work NEARLY as well.. i have three babies, and the dishwashing liquid trick has never failed me. just coat the pen marks with it & walk away for about 30 minutes. reapply the liquid over the stains, then toss the clothes in the washer in some hot water (best for stain removal) 100% guaranteed, works every time. lol. hope this helps!

bamandbeausmomm

that's supposed to say "club" soda

madeline0330
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:10 PM

I tried this one cause it was the only thing that I had on hand and it was WONDERFUL!!! There is not a spot left. Thank you!

Quoting armywife_ldm:

i always take my mom & grandma's advice on stain removal... regular old dishwashing liquid. seriously, no other stain remover on the market is going to work NEARLY as well.. i have three babies, and the dishwashing liquid trick has never failed me. just coat the pen marks with it & walk away for about 30 minutes. reapply the liquid over the stains, then toss the clothes in the washer in some hot water (best for stain removal) 100% guaranteed, works every time. lol. hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)