Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 yr old son is mad at his 13 yr old brother

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so my 7 yr old was building a snowman in the backyard and my 13 yr old purposely knocked his snowman down and started pelting him with snowballs. My 7 yr old comes crying to me saying that Jordan (my 13 yr old) was beating him up and won't leave him alone. I have four boys all together they are 15, 13, 11 and 7 and my 13 yr old always starts problems with his siblings and doesn't know when to quit. I dunno what to do anymore, nothing works with him anymore.

Jill
Mom of 4 boys

Group Owner: Moms of Teenage Boys (http://www.cafemom.com/group/23950)

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juliegorham
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM

im sorry =( mines only 6 months so idk but hugs!

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Sorry I don't have boys.  Here's a bump for you.  Good luck

MichMomOf4Boys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM

The thing that makes me mad is that my 13 yr old is always trying to make people mad at him.

Quoting juliegorham:

im sorry =( mines only 6 months so idk but hugs!

Jill
Mom of 4 boys

MichMomOf4Boys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Thanks. You might be lucky lol. Boys fight too much.

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Sorry I don't have boys.  Here's a bump for you.  Good luck

Jill
Mom of 4 boys

thebestbrianne
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:34 PM

My 13 year old brother is the same way with my 9 year old brother. He is a really good kid otherwise he just loves to push the little ones buttons because he gets a reaction. It sounds like yours is craving attention. It must be hard with 4 boys, especially being one of the middle ones. I would try to set aside some special time with him alone once in a while.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Robyn218
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:37 PM

I have raised three sons to adulthood. And one DD

What worked for me was turning the misbehaving child into my personal house slave.

Depending on the infraction, thehouse slave would sweep and mop the kitchen floor, vacuum the whole house, clean the toilets and the bathroom floors, and do what ever chores i could think of...  And he cleaned the kitchen after dinner,,,

If he continued to misbehave he stayed on as the house slave until he saw the light. Hours, days, ....   After school weekends,,,,  Yard work, washing cars & the boat.  Whatever they really hated to do.....

At times I had three house slaves and had to invent chores and look for things to clean.

They hated it and it usually worked.  AND the house was clean... 

I also grounded them and took all electronics away. 

it worked, they hated being the house boy and usually straightened up.

MichMomOf4Boys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:37 PM

I haven't asked him what his problem is. Usually I would of grounded him but I decided against grounding him this time because he doesn't care if he's grounded. I'm thinking of taking something away from him. He fights with his older brother too but his older brother is a little bit bigger then he is lol.

Quoting thebestbrianne:

My 13 year old brother is the same way with my 9 year old brother. He is a really good kid otherwise he just loves to push the little ones buttons because he gets a reaction. It sounds like yours is craving attention. It must be hard with 4 boys, especially being one of the middle ones. I would try to set aside some special time with him alone once in a while.

Jill
Mom of 4 boys

MichMomOf4Boys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I dunno if that'd work with Jordan.

Quoting Robyn218:

What worked for me was turning the misbehaving child into my personal house slave.

Depending on the infraction, thehouse slave would sweep and mop the kitchen floor, vacuum the whole house, clean the toilets and the bathroom floors, and do what ever chores i could think of...  And he cleaned the kitchen after dinner,,,

If he continued to misbehave he stayed on as the house slave until he saw the light. Hours, days, ....   After school weekends,,,,  Yard work, washing cars & the boat.  Whatever they really hated to do.....

At times I had three house slaves and had to invent chores and look for things to clean.

Jill
Mom of 4 boys

thebestbrianne
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:57 PM

my bro fights with his big sisters too(17) but they can still take him down for now. Most likely he would never tell you if it was an attention issue, but I would try. He's just at that wonderful age!

Quoting MichMomOf4Boys:

I haven't asked him what his problem is. Usually I would of grounded him but I decided against grounding him this time because he doesn't care if he's grounded. I'm thinking of taking something away from him. He fights with his older brother too but his older brother is a little bit bigger then he is lol.

Quoting thebestbrianne:

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Robyn218
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:05 PM

I was not one to beat the kids,,, LOL.  And i had one really stubborn kid...  he tried me like no other... 

One day he dumped the milk over his brothers head and I made him mop the kitchen and do his brothers laundry. 

he moaned and groaned like you wouldn;t believe and from then on, whenever he screwed up he became the house boy.  it worked for him... 

No blood was shed and my belt stayed on...  LOL  He is 24, a daddy and his wife loves how good he is about helping in the house... 

Quoting MichMomOf4Boys:

I dunno if that'd work with Jordan.

Quoting Robyn218:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)