Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spending the night off

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM
  • 2 Replies

My DD is 5 yrs old, and she has made a friend in kindergarten. The friend is actually my husbands 3rd cousin or something like that. Not like close family, but family. Anyways at her field trip last week the mom asked me if I allowed her to spend the night off. Well she has stayed with my MIL a couple times and with my sister a couple times but normally my sisters kids stay with me. Anyways she really wants to stay and since my husband knows the family its really not an issue of whether I trust them, the problem is my daughter has some health issues. Like for one she still wets the bed some, she sleeps in pull ups most nights because of it. She has an under developed bladder so she can't help it. So concern #1, I don't want her to get embarassed if the little girl knows she has to wear pull ups at night or if she doesn't wear them and has an accident, #2 she has asthma and is on a good bit of medication for it that has to be taken nightly, and #3 she ONLY drinks orange juice and WILL NOT drink if there is nothing else. So I really hate to tell her she can't go, but I feel like she is so high maintence at the time and I don't know if the parent would be bothered by all of her "needs". Should I let her go? and if so, how should I handle everything? Plus I am not sure if I am ready to let her stay with someone that is not my sister or her grandma. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KellyOh72
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Why not talk to the mom and voice all of your concerns. Then leave it up to her if she is willing to meet your childs needs. You might feel better letting her know ahead of time.

Sweetpeasx3
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:34 PM

One let her go- I know plenty of kids who still wear pull ups at night, no big deal- she can put them on herself so the other girl does not have to actually know. Talk the the mother and advise her of the meds your daughter needs to take at night, then you can always purchase the orange juice so she will have something there to drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)