Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What looks better?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

We've been remodeling our store what looks better?

RED

Or

GREY?

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I'd say the gray. The red kinda makes me think of a barn.

I'm a formula feeding, vaccinating, pro choice, tattooed, siberian husky owning, married to an nra member and a card carrying indian, loud, red headed momma of a beautiful, happy, healthy, half native american, red headed, blue eyed, baby girl...duh.

Brooke501
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM

They gray looks nice but the red makes it stand out more.

MOM22QTS
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM

i say the gray.

ciejsgirl
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Grey!

Nzumbe
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Red. I like the barn look. It's more eye catching that way too.  More people will notice, and hopefully inquire, about your store.

NCHJ23
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:48 PM

i like the grey but the other lady is right red is catchy .

lbdm2002
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:50 PM

I like the gray. It looked cleaner. Maybe it's because there aren't all the signs hanging on it, though.  Red is a hard color to do right. 

northernmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Thanks ladies for the input. The red is what it used to be, it was this nasty old asbestos tile that cost us a fortune to get rid of. what we didn't know when we started was that underneath the tile was the original wood siding. it is in a photo that we have seen of our store dated 1897 when the building was our town's depot. It was already grey in color so we just got new paint and painted over it so that the chances of the siding rotting would be less. and to the Mom that commented that the red reminded her of a barn, i just had to giggle at that one cause part of our store is a feed store lol. We are a feed store, greenhouse, pet supply store, post office and soon to be a convenience store and my hubby is hoping to add a bait shop by next summer lol, oh and it will officially be the Mayor's office January 5th when my hubby gets sworn in.

babies

SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Haha! We have a feed store in town and it IS an old barn and it's painted bright bright red! I still like the gray, I hope I didn't offend you though! sorry

Quoting northernmommy:

Thanks ladies for the input. The red is what it used to be, it was this nasty old asbestos tile that cost us a fortune to get rid of. what we didn't know when we started was that underneath the tile was the original wood siding. it is in a photo that we have seen of our store dated 1897 when the building was our town's depot. It was already grey in color so we just got new paint and painted over it so that the chances of the siding rotting would be less. and to the Mom that commented that the red reminded her of a barn, i just had to giggle at that one cause part of our store is a feed store lol. We are a feed store, greenhouse, pet supply store, post office and soon to be a convenience store and my hubby is hoping to add a bait shop by next summer lol, oh and it will officially be the Mayor's office January 5th when my hubby gets sworn in.

northernmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM

lol you didn't offend me i just thought that the connection was funny, ya know barn, animals, animal food, feed store, i really giggled when i saw that my 5yo son thought i was nuts giggling randomly.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Haha! We have a feed store in town and it IS an old barn and it's painted bright bright red! I still like the gray, I hope I didn't offend you though! sorry

Quoting northernmommy:

babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)