Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't like my doctor's office...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 5 month old son woke up with a nasty cough and conjestion. Everyone here has been sick with a terrible cold, we're thinking it's the flu. So I called the doctor, no answer. Called again, no answer. Called again, voicemail thing, i left my information, ans waited. That was at 1pm, I finally got a call back at 4pm..too late to be seen. The lady was rude and snippy with me...she yelled at me because I couldn't hear what she was saying...oh well, I got him an appointment for tomorrow though.

In the mean time what can I do for him? We steamed up the bathroom and sat in there for about 10-20 minutes, I put a humidifier in his room and we played and napped with it on. I gave him some tylenol, and a bottle with mostly water mixed with a tiny bit of juice to give him fluids. He's fine otherwise, just has a bad chesty cough and conjestion. No fever, and he isn't fussing. Anything else I haven't tried?

preview image

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KellyOh72
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Baby vicks is the only thing I can think of.

mamakas2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I would not be going back to that office. Unacceptable. You are the consumer, don't stand for service that is unacceptable to you, go elsewhere.

MommyD1980
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM

I agree with the other poster. Sounds like you're doing all you can. Quite honestly, your doc will probably say the same thing. Babies at that age are too young for meds other than tylenol. Just going to have to tough it out and make your baby as comfortable as possible.

Good luck and I hope it's just a cold!!!

babies

baby
thebestbrianne
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM

It sounds like you've done what you can. I would consider changing doctors though, it sounds like they are just too busy to take care of everyone. They probably won't be able to do much for you though if its just a cold or flu.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

sassy1959
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM

if this is a regular thing whenever you try to reach your doc ,change doctors. or you might try mentioning it to your doc. he might be unaware of how his office staff is acting towards his patients. i  know i changed doctors once because the waits to see him got to long . like it could be a hour or more after your scheduled appointment time that you finally saw him. i found that very unaceptable and changed doctors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)