Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions??

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 2 year old has recently discovered he can spit. So now he spits all the time....At me his father the dog anything and everything he can spit at he does. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get him to stop spitting.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoshnBasket
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:16 PM

ok... gonna get bashed for this... SOAP... tell him nicely that if he spits one more time he is going to get soap in the mouth. He will spit cause that what little kids do is test the waters. Don't say a word... pick him up, put him on the counter, get a ittsy bittsy little drop of dish soap and stick that finger in his mouth and just showsh it around a bit. "I told you not to spit"... he is NOT going to like it and i am guessing not going to spit again....

good luck momma

santa green

lilmomma4
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:18 PM

My 3yr old started this. I told him he could only spit in the toilet.He don't do it as often anymore.

www.myspace.com/onelilmomma4

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Hi Seans_mommy123

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)