Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh.. I'm lost!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

OK-- so its kind of a long story as to how I got here.. but let me just tell you all what I need to know and maybe you can help me.

My dd's father has a sister with 3 kids and then of coarse their mom (dd's grandma). I'll be taking her over to see them on Christmas  night. I know they will all get her something for Christmas and I don't want the kids to feel left out when she is opening her presents that night. Of coarse they'll be opening their's that morning..but nothing from her. Unless her father gets them something.. and on that I don't even have a clue. So.. should I get them something small? Like maybe spend 10 bucks on them each? This would be for dd's father, grandma, aunt and 3 cousins ages 1 2 and 3. What should I get? Should I even do it?

Thanks!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pearee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:44 PM

No one?

Mommyto3As
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:47 PM

I'm confused who's children don't you want to hurt? You dd's fathers sisters kids? I wouldn't feel bad. They will get there's in the a.m., but if you want to be nice and do it then I say do it.

hotrodlassie
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:48 PM

If your feeling generous, go for it but It's not your responsibility.

sadsmile
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:51 PM

I think I saw that Walgreens is having a BOGO thing on toys less then 10 bucks?

pearee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:51 PM

It would be DD's cousins.. on her fathers side. So..yes. His sisters kids. I mean they'll be giving her presents from them (i would think) it would make sense for her to have something to give back to them too right?

Quoting Mommyto3As:

I'm confused who's children don't you want to hurt? You dd's fathers sisters kids? I wouldn't feel bad. They will get there's in the a.m., but if you want to be nice and do it then I say do it.

KittyD
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Quoting Mommyto3As:

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

pearee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Oh-- thats nice thanks!

Quoting sadsmile:

I think I saw that Walgreens is having a BOGO thing on toys less then 10 bucks?

Mommyto3As
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:55 PM

True. Then I would. I went to Walgreens and bought two $6.99 toys and got two free. I spent a total of $13.98 + tax for 4 gifts.

Quoting pearee:

It would be DD's cousins.. on her fathers side. So..yes. His sisters kids. I mean they'll be giving her presents from them (i would think) it would make sense for her to have something to give back to them too right?

Quoting Mommyto3As:

Lauriemom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:56 PM

If you have the money and feel you want to then I'd get them something small.  To be honest, it is really your DD's father's responsiblity to provide these gifts tho....so it is really up to you

Laurie

pearee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Ok thanks!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)