Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

high school location?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

I live in a suburb, they just got finished building the elementary school my son might go to next year. The thing I don't like about it is they are building a high school right next door to it. the elementary only goes to grade 4. I find that  very concerning.  I just don't trust high school or middle school students around the younger children. It just pisses me off that they would bring them so close together. why couldn't they put the high school near the middle school ? Like I have seen every where els. Am I the only one that see's the problem in this? Sorry just had to rant about it.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
itssweetness
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:54 PM

I dont think its a big deal as long as there is appropriate supervision.

itssweetness

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is either. I know at my highschool there was always teachers outside before and after school so if you are concerned maybe suggest they do something like that.

jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:03 PM

unfortunately their supervision is severely lacking. My friends 5th grade son was able to leave the school without them even noticing for almost half the day. And there has been several cases like that.

Quoting itssweetness:

I dont think its a big deal as long as there is appropriate supervision.

monseymom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:06 PM

no big deal - i went to school in the same building through 8th grade. The HS was in that same building as well but I ended up going somewhere else.

rebabeach2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:07 PM

High school students generally do not bother themselves with elementary-aged students. I'm a high school teacher and we have an elementary school next door. Many of my high school students are responsible for walking their younger siblings to school. I have never witnessed or heard of a problem. To be honest with you, middle school students tend to emulate the older kids and be more easily influenced by them to do inappropriate things, not the younger ones.

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:10 PM

the schools are like that around here, daycare, pre k, elementary and middle and high school are all on the same block.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)