Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK ladies I hope someone can answer this question (Sorry may be TMI) *UPDATED*

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:56 PM
  • 26 Replies

So I had my son last Monday 12/8, 9 days ago. And while giving birth I tore a little and had to get stitches. Well today I went to pee and when I wiped there was a little purple string about an inch long on the tp and now I feel a little uncomfortable down there. (Didn't feel like this until after I went pee). Do you think it could be my stitches? How long does it take the stitches to disolve? What should I do? Any help ladies?? PLEASE!

OK Ladies Thanks SO much for all of the advice. I go in to see my OB tomorrow. You ladies are GREAT!!

baby boy

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mousesmommy81
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:58 PM

I had my daughter by c section so i' m no help but here's a bump for you! Good luck!

marina069

i have no idea, but that sounds painful and disturbing (i didn't mean gross) i meant i would freak out if i saw that, i would call your dr ASAP

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

aidensmom1117

Well first I'm going to ask a question?! Are you wearing anything (especailly in the lower region) that is purple or would have a purple thread!?!?!
If not, It might be your stitches, i never had them so I can't tell you!  But if it is uncomfortable it wouldn't hurt to get checked by your Dr.!

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:59 PM

those are memories i try to push out of my head, i cant remember much, but i remember getting super uncomfortable after about a week and a half and went into the dr b/c i thought something was wrong and he told me to use the water bottle after i use the restroom, the tucks pads, and then rub neosporin on it after each bathroom use.. the neosporin did WONDERS!! good luck!! i know stiches are no fun!

sweetness4u2day
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:00 PM

it is probably the stitch and it might not have been completely closed.  I wouldn't worry about it unless it is painful.

CariO.

Call your OBGYN.  It probably was one of your stitches.  You may need to get it replaced.

shelljeff

It could have been.  My doctor told me not to wipe down there after I had my stiches in so that they would not come out.  I had a warm water bottle and he told me to blot dry.  I would call the doctor just to see, but it sounds like it is the stiches.  Ouch... brought back memories of 3 1/2 months ago.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
AandCsmomBrandy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:01 PM

it takes about 7-10 days for your stitches to begin dissolving. it was most likely a stitch that you saw. sometimes as they dissolve one will break a little and then you get poked with the end of a stitch until it dissolves. try using tucks pads or a sitz bath. in just a few more days all of your stitches should be gone! CONGRATS mama!!!

redrose057

this is totally normal its just the rest of what ever is left up there and comes with your period dont even worry if big blood clots come out this is all ok dont worry and good luck i have 3 kids so i know what im saying have a wonderful holiday

oboe_chik

The same thing happened to me. I hadn't really tore but he stuck a stich in me to keep it from buring to pee. If it is painful then go to your ob. If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)