Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look around.......

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:59 PM
  • 19 Replies

so I was wondering  ( and I think this more pertains to mommies of littler babies 9monthes to about 5-6) are there toys around your house?!?! Possible hidden, or just a random toy here or there?!
We are currently with the in-laws and Both My  MIL and FIL freak out if a toy is left out in the living room for more than 10 minutes! I have a one year old, and sometimes picking up tos jsut doesn't make it into my day! at least not til we clean up for the night!
SO do you have toys around or are you like my In-laws and no toys can be seen!?!?
Should I be cleaning up after my son everytime he puts a toy down, cuz I'm not sure if I have te energy for that! LOL!

And ther shouldn't be a poll, so if there is please ignore! Thanks!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oboe_chik
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:00 PM

There are toys all over my house. The kiddos share a bedroom for now so half the toys are in there and half in the living room. I don't really care if they are out or not but I think alot of older people are more particular about their house being clean.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:01 PM

I have 2 boys that are 4 and 5.  Now, all of their toys are in their room and if they bring them out, they put them back.  When they were a year old though, I had their toys out, so I can watch them more closely as they played.  They didn't get the toys back into their room until they were trained to stay in their beds at bedtime and not get up and play.

Now our daughter is here, she's almost 7 months old, her stuff is everywhere, but she doesn't have her own room yet.

~Jill~

NicoleLiam
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:01 PM

My son is 8 mons old and I let im have a copule of toys out at a time, then I clean up at nap then again at bedtime!

The mother of one baby boy, named Liam

MollyDB
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM

HAHHAHAHA My house looks like a bomb went off and I only have one 1 year old daughter. ahaha so yeah don't pay them any mind my mom is the same way I tell her to fuck off. HAHA...yes...I litterally say that cause its my house you don't like it leave. :D

MomoCakes
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM

My dd is 8 months and there are toys everywhere until I put her down to bed at night and pick them up. Or if company is coming over i will pick them up. But other than that im not going to keep picking them up everytime she throws them down.

**Yu C@n C@ll M3 MRS. MY3R$**
armywifey0812
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:03 PM

If I picked up toys everytime one of my kids layed it down I would be picking up toys all day every day.  I let them stay until I know they are finished playing and I make one big clean up.  I dont see picking them up one at a time I do it all at one time. 

Karabeara78

Haha my 10 month old owns the living room. We have a toybox in the corner for her since her room is a shoebox. I pick up once it gets out of hand but I don't make the floor completely spotless.

NiahandAvasmama

most of their toys are in their room. i do pick up toys throughout the day bc i always trip on them.

gonetomiss
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:04 PM

I don't let my kids have toys downstairs unless it's outside, but they are 5 and 7, the whole upstairs is theirs I don't want to see toys.

aidensmom1117
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:04 PM

See I don't care either, I mean if He isn't playing with them, I'll get him to put then away, or sometimes I'll just grab them! And obviously if it is too messy i will clean up, but they freak if like one toys is out, or even worse a part of a toy!  I just don't get it! I hope when I have grandchildren I don't turn out like that! *crosses fingers* and if there is a food mess I'm on top of it! just to clarify!

Quoting oboe_chik:

There are toys all over my house. The kiddos share a bedroom for now so half the toys are in there and half in the living room. I don't really care if they are out or not but I think alot of older people are more particular about their house being clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)