Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heartbeat....

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

so i have heard the baby heart beat twice and both the times its really fast. 145 the first time and 170 the second time. Everyone is telling me its a girl. Did any of you ladies have a boy with a fast heart beat like that?!? People are telling me that when the heart beat is fast like that it mean 100% sure girl.

expecting babyblowing bubblesPROUD WIFE TO ALEX & PROUD MOTHER TO SAVANNAH

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:07 PM

It's a myth... it could be a girl, there is a 50/50 chance but the baby's heartbeat fluxuates depending on the state of the baby, if it moved recently the heart rate is higher, if the baby is sleeping then it's lower.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:08 PM

All three of mine's heartbeats were about the same, in the 150's.  I have 2 boys and 1 girl.

~Jill~

nenaness
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM

My husband is excited to hear your answer...  he really wants a boy!
lol

Quoting jillbailey26:

All three of mine's heartbeats were about the same, in the 150's.  I have 2 boys and 1 girl.

MommyOnLI
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:11 PM

DSs heartbeat was 152-176 throughout the entire pregnancy.. and obviously hes a boy.

Pregnancy ticker

Are you Due August 2009, come join my group!

baby

Elective C Section, Formula Feeding, Disposable Diaper, CIO, Pro- Vaxing, Pro-Circ Mommy to one of the best little men out there!

ormom1977
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:12 PM

It is a myth but all mine were above 145 and I had girls! The heartbeat does slow slightly the further along you get!!

knglenn22
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:14 PM

It is soo a myth. I had heard that too and everyone was so sure I was having a girl because of the high heart rate but boy where they wrong cause now I have a 2 year old who is all BOY!

mimanchibella
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Olivers was at one appointment near 180... complete myth!! Congrats Mama!!!

autumnsmommy02
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:17 PM

My dd's was always 150-175 but my ds's was 140-160. My dd was much more active than my ds was though.

JTLMOMMY
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:18 PM

Both my boys had really high heart rates.  In the 160s nearly every time.  My daughter on the other hand had lower heart rates.  140s.  I think it has a lot to do with what you had for lunch.  What time of day it is, and whether or not the baby is sleeping or active at the time.

trist22
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:20 PM

Exactly! How is it that people aren't aware of this yet and still believing it! If the baby is moving around and more active, the heart rate will go up ( just like ours).. if he/she is sleeping( or less active) the heart rate will be lower!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

It's a myth... it could be a girl, there is a 50/50 chance but the baby's heartbeat fluxuates depending on the state of the baby, if it moved recently the heart rate is higher, if the baby is sleeping then it's lower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)