Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm late!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am 2 months late and stressed out!  I had a tubal ligation 5 years ago but I thought i would take a pregnancy test to be sure. I took three that say I am not. SO why am I so late?  Stress? Not eating right?  Being ping pong house cleaning, kid raising lady?! I am so stressed out. We do not have insurance so I haven't  any idea where I can go to get medical answers about this.  Maybe the tests were wrong. Although the Wal-Mart brand is what I used the last two times I was pregnant, maybe I got a bad bath.

simple smileJane  aka Mamaford2

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:14 PM

My tubes have been tided sence Aug. 2000 and let me tell you I have had many missed montly's and many times of running to the store late at night for a PG test.

I have only gotten pg once and it was a tube pg that happen in 2002 they went in and took some tube out and retied.

Jenn

momoftwins96
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Dont panic it is not uncommon for a few times in your life to skip periods. Especially if you are in your 30's or 40's. You are probably not pregnant. Wait another week and take a early predictor test. If it is negative you are not preg. and probably just skipped this month.

VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Not having medical insurance is not good.

You need to go see someone.

Tracyrae
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM

ovarian cyst??   I had that one time, thought for sure I was pg because I could feel that 'bump' over your pubic bone and was way late.  It ruptured, (OW) and had my period 14 days later...

raerae1011
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:17 PM

well it sounds like you are stressing.  so that could be it.  i would just relax and not think about it so much.  the other thing is your hormones could be out of whack, which causes a period not to show up.

Ferrell_L
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:20 PM

If you are two months late, and took several pregnancy tests that were negative, you are probably not pregnant.  When I was in my 20's and in college I got really stressed I would skip months at a time.  Stress, especially around the holidays, anything that can shift hormones can cause you to skip a fewo periods.  Don't stress.  You can also find a local planned parenthood if want a more accurate test to make you feel better.  They are fairly inexpensive.

reindeer 1reindeer 2sleighchristmas tree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)