Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think I was wrong? Would you have been offended? (graphic cursing)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:19 PM
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you have been so offended by my voicemail?

Options:

yes, you did cuss her out

yes, you could have said it nicer. but you didnt cuss her out

no, i would have said something similar

no, i would just stop sending them to you

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

I have a friend who is constantly sending me forwards and it gets pretty annoying. I don't say anything though, because I know she's a VERY needy, lonely person and that's her way of feeling like she's keeping in touch. But, some of the forwards are SO disgusting and I don't want them sent to my phone. I have said things to her like "I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that". But, she keeps sending them. Yesterday I opened my phone to a picture she sent of an old guy bent over with a turd coming out his ass. I called her and she didn't answer. So, I left a voicemail and said "hey, it's amanda. I got the forward you sent and it's pretty fuckin gross. I don't really care to see shit like that, so please don't send it to my phone, thanks ttyl"

Yes, I said 2 curse words, but that's how I am and she should know that; I've known her for over 10 yrs. I didn't say "look, I've fuckin told you not to send this nasty shit to my phone and you don't fuckin listen" lol Also, I said please and ty and used a regular tone of voice. Ten minutes later she sent me a text that said "don't fuckin talk to me like that, friends don't talk to each other like that, don't cuss me out. It was suppose to be gross and don't fuckin write back cause I deleted you".

Ok, so how did she think I was talking to her? I know it was meant to be gross... duh...but, I still don't want to see it. I never asked for her to send the shit to me. Also, where did she get that I was cursing her out? I didn't even bother to say anything back to her. I am too grown, too mature and have too many real problems in my life to worry about her getting pissed off because of something I don't want sent to my phone. As a lot of you know, my sons father recently got custody of my son, I'm 8 months pregnant, my son was recently diagnosed with autism. I just have a LOT going on. And through all of this, she hasn't once called to ask me how me or my son are.

I checked my myspace page earlier and she sent me a message basically saying I cussed her out and she doesn't have to take me lashing out at her and I'm just a bitch and blah blah blah. So, I wrote her back and was like you obviously don't know what it means to be cursed out, I didn't lash out at you I asked that you not send gross shit to me because I don't enjoy it. I said please and thank you, so why would you think I'm attacking you? I also told her I know what her REAL problem is. It's because she has a controlling husband who doesn't let her do anything and the only thing she ever talks about is how nobody calls her or invites her to do things, or leaves her myspace comments and she has no friends. Well, I told her it's because everytime someone does call her, she's SCREAMING at her kids, or her husband is telling her to "get the fuck off the phone". So, I don't call as much, because I don't want to hear it. I've tried being there for her and offering her advice but she doesn't want to take it, she complains about her life, then defends it when I give her advice. But, she's never there for me so I'm done. I said I hope you wake up, grow up one day and realize there are more important things in life then who leaves you myspace comments and who wants to see your gross forwards.

Last year she invited us to her daughters bday party. Well, my son got REALLY sick so I had to cancel the day before. She sent me a message on myspace saying what a bitch and horrible person I am and just a bunch of bullshit. She has some SERIOUS issues. I KNOW her real problem like I said. It's because her husband doesn't let her do shit and she feels like she has no life. So she takes everything so hard and is SO offended by everything.

I haven't heard back from her and I don't want to. I have SO much going on, I don't have time to argue with someone who is so easily offended over bullshit and wants to argue cause their life is too boring.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubsmum04
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:22 PM

to anyone who has read.. would you have been so offended by my voicemail? do you think I "cussed her out"

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:22 PM

She sounds really immature. I would just let it go and drift apart from her because it seems like she overreacts a bit. I'm sorry for all you are going though mama, I hope things look up.

Edit: If you swear all the time and she knows that then its not cussing her out. Besides the cuss was used as adjective, its not like you called her a name.

meghan925
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:23 PM

I hate those stupid forwarded messages too. They are always naked cartoons or something.

I'm a Life LOViN' 17 year old GREAT teen mommy to Alaina (14 months old) I vaccinate, bottle feed, and co-sleep. I let my daughter CIO, but still spoil her to death. A kinda pro-life, dont give a shit what you think, fast-food junkie, badass stay at home mom :) I drive an 89 ford bronco and love it, have been with my man for 3 years and not pushing marriage anytime soon. Got my high school diploma and I'm on the way to break the teen mommy stereotype. I dont regret any decisions I have made in my life and honestly, I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!

gilbertgrl627
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:23 PM

I probably wouldn't have used the curse words, but I would said the same thing. I don't think you were wrong, especially if you've told her over and over again you don't want to see things like that (and I wouldn't either-yuck!).

youngmm
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:24 PM

Wow. She sounds so immature! My friend forwards me stuff like that all the time..not gross stuff..but its just annoying..and i told her that i hated forwarded messages. And she did stop..maybe you should program your phone so when you receive a text message, you can click "read now", "read later" and then click read later and delete it. I do that when my Ex txt mesages  me lol. good luck! I dont think you did anything wrong in the way you talked  to her

bubsmum04
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:24 PM

exactly. she knows I'm a potty mouth.and that's what I said to her. I didn't cuss you out, it's not like I said fuck you, or called you a name. LIKE SHE DID TO ME! lol

Quoting Ziggy.Stardust:

She sounds really immature. I would just let it go and drift apart from her because it seems like she overreacts a bit. I'm sorry for all you are going though mama, I hope things look up.

Edit: If you swear all the time and she knows that then its not cussing her out. Besides the cuss was used as adjective, its not like you called her a name.

W13sgirl
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:26 PM

She sounds like a "toxic friend" that you dont really need in your life.

pregnancy calendar

bubsmum04
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:27 PM

I don't think a lot of ppl know what getting cussed out means. lol I don't think using a curse word in a sentence is being cussed out. It's not like I said "listen bitch, quit sending this shit to my fuckin phone"

Amanda54541
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:27 PM

That lady over reacted, to your simple request.  Maybe you should just let things go for a while, see if she calls/texts you back again or something.  Sometimes good friends do drift apart, no matter what.

shyfox19
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Wow... I hate people like that. Don't worry about her, you have your own shit to worry about. Oh I'm sorry I said shit, I must have cussed you out lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)