Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Step Parents

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you stay in contact with a step parent after they divorced your parent?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

Here's the deal lets say this step parent has been in your life for over 20yrs. Your parent married them when you was 9 and didn't get a divorce until you were 30yrs old. This person was at all the births of your children even calls you his daughter and treats you like they would a biological daughter. The reason for the divorce is there infidelity and unhappiness with life. Would you still stay in contact with this person and let your kids call this person there grandparent or would you have nothing to do with them at all because they arent blood related?

My Photobucket SlideshowMy 3 beautiful children

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Yes, I would. My stepmom married my dad when I was 3. When I was growing up, she was more of a mother to me than my bio-mom. If she and my dad got a divorce, I would still want her in my and my son's lives.

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:30 PM

If i had a good relationship with them, absolutly.

Sirenabella
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:32 PM

My stepdad has been my Dad since I was 9 yrs old. He has been there for everything. We are close so yeah he would still be my Dad even if my parents divorced.

Emily1985
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Absolutely...  My mom and her 2nd husband were together from the time I was 7 until I was 12, but in those years, he was more of a Dad to me than my bio-dad.  When they separated, we remained close and I still saw him and my (step) brothers and sister...  I am now 24, and he is still my "Daddy" and my boys' PaPa.  My mom is now re-married and her current husband and I are close as well.  He is always there for me and my children... They have been on the rocks lately and if something happens and they do go their separate ways, he will still be a part of my childrens' lives because he has been there since they were born.

ElShaddi
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:35 PM

This is good to hear my kids father trys to make me feel like I am doing something wrong by keeping in contact with the man I call dad.

My Photobucket SlideshowMy 3 beautiful children

Heartlight617
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:36 PM
I have been a 'step' mom to my 21 yr. old since he was 8 years old. Once when s/o and I were breaking up my s/son said,"Won't dad be surprised when he wants to take me for the weekend, and he has to pick me up at your house!" lol We had a good laugh at that, and by the way, s/o and I stayed together!
Carol
Tx2Step
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:37 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!  

reelo
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM

My MIL married my hubby's step dad when he was 9, if they seperated now-- 30 years later-- he would still be grandpa and I would still consider him mt FIL (hubby already calls him dad and no. his bio dad isn't dead just an a$$).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)