Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just got the crap scared out of me, should I call the police? Update

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM
  • 41 Replies

Okay so my gas tank was empty and I was contemplating driving to church tonight, I dont feel that great and I was hungry and didnt feel like cooking so I left base (I live on base) and went to the gas station right off base to fill up my tank. Will filling up my tank I walked to the opposite side of my car and was talking and making faces at my 16 mo so that she didnt get bored waiting for the gas to pump. I heard at one of the pumps a truck blaring music that was profanity every other word, I was a little upset since my daughter was right there but I minded my own business and stayed busy occupying my daughter. After I finish pumping (I payed at the pump so I didnt even talk to anyone while there) I went over to the mcdonalds across the street and since no one was behind I stoped right before were you order to decide what I wanted so that the person taking my order didnt have to wait for me. After a couple seconds I seen rearview lights turn in to the mcdonalds so I pulled forward to start ordering so that the person pulling in wouldnt have to wait on me. About this time I heard the familiar vulgar music behind me and I heard a male voice scream out hurry up and get out of the way... and a few other things I couldnt catch. I finish ordering trying to ignore the angry voice and pulled forward to pay. Then I heard the same voice yelling your that b**ch from the gas station with the nappy hair. I tried to pay but at this point I'm starting to feel uncorfortable because I know that he was watching me. After screaming at me in between singing his vulgar language I glanced back to see one male in a big truck. He seen me look and he started yelling at me even more, so being angry and hormonal I turned around an said look I'm pregnant and I have a small child in the car leave me alone and grow up. He started saying really nasty things then like I bet you suck alot of d**k and blah blah blah. I was ticked and terrified by this point so I took my food and tried to pull around so that he couldnt see me and then waited for him to pull out and leave so that I could get behind him and write down his license plate number. He seen me pull out behind him and sped off but I got his license number and quickly turned around to drive back on base. So... should I call the police and file a report? Is there anything that they can do?

Update:

So I called my local police department and halfway through my encounter she cut me off and said first of all your not in our jurisdiction your in the sherrif's office jurisdiction and she said was he physical with you or was he just verbal with you. And I said no he scared the crap out of and was screaming with profanity at me. And she said we cant write a report for that it isnt against the law. I said are you serious someone can scare the crap out of pregnant women with a child in the car and you guys cant do anything. And she said no ma'am... I CANT BELIEVE THIS! 

patrioticProud Airforce Wife/Veteran

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Susan0805
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Please read and reply... PLEASE. My husbands at work and couldnt talk with me and all of my friends seem to be busy.

Ivayla
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Absolutely! Call the police ASAP! I hope they catch this S.O.B. Good luck!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

MADAmom2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I don't know if there's anything you can do since he's probably long gone now but I would have called the cops anyways, at least for you own peace of mind. What an asshole. I can't believe that. He probably felt like a big man talking that way to a woman! What a douche bag!

christmas treeCrystal  santa blue

Merry Christmas

Susan0805

Can they do anything? And can the guy end up with my name and address from the police report?

Quoting Ivayla:

Absolutely! Call the police ASAP! I hope they catch this S.O.B. Good luck!

Mommy25Boys

I would def call...

krista778

Honestly the police can't do anything for him jsut yelling at you. If he had attacked you then that is a different story. I would have just left it alone and gone on my way. Sorry that happened there are a lot pf nasty people in the world.

aubreysmomma

why not...you have the mcdonalds people as a witness...some people can be such jerks

MommytoAAA
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Too scary, I would call police.

Ivayla

I don't think they would give him your pesronal info. Maybe the McDonald's staff heard him. You could try calling them too.

MikeysMom51108

You can call the police if it will make you feel better, but I'm honestly not sure if there's anything they can do. He didn't threaten you or try to follow you home. Sure, what he said was not nice at all, but I don't think the police can do anything about that. Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)