Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is..... Silly question.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

The state of Oregon known for? You know how all state's have their "thing"? Well I am from Cali originally and live in Oregon now. So I am wondering what is Oregon known for?

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become real."
                                                                                  -The Velveteen Rabbit.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:54 PM

They call it the Beaver state I think.

momcat437
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:54 PM

How sad, I have no clue! 

bump

MermadeMama
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:56 PM

I am from Oregon but we moved to Sacramento recently. It is known as the Beaver State. Is that what you wanted to know? Where in Oregon are you?

MermMama
bastianmami
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I am in southern Oregon. I was thinking like, how Florida is known for its oranges. Or Wyoming is known for its wind. Just things people say about the state or the people from the state? KWIM?

Quoting MermadeMama:

I am from Oregon but we moved to Sacramento recently. It is known as the Beaver State. Is that what you wanted to know? Where in Oregon are you?

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become real."
                                                                                  -The Velveteen Rabbit.

KittenLangley
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:05 PM

This is probably more than you wanted to know...lol. I like researching things. The state motto is "She Flies With Her Own Wings".  State Nickname - Beaver State. Major Industries - timber, paper products, farming (wheat, cattle), mining (coal), computer equipment, electronics
State Animal: Beaver

State Flag      

State Bird Meadowlark.

bastianmami
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:09 PM

There's coal in Oregon? I had no idea. lol. Thanks.

Quoting KittenLangley:

This is probably more than you wanted to know...lol. I like researching things. The state motto is "She Flies With Her Own Wings".  State Nickname - Beaver State. Major Industries - timber, paper products, farming (wheat, cattle), mining (coal), computer equipment, electronics
State Animal: Beaver

State Flag      

State Bird Meadowlark.

-The Velveteen Rabbit.

XzMommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM

I think of the Organ trail lol :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)