Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Longer A Child

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

No bashing please Id just like to know if it is stated in the bible.

I have an odd question but does it state anywhere in the bible when god believes a child is grown and accountable for there actions and is declared no longer innocent?At what age?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KittenLangley
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:28 PM

That is a very tough question. I'm not aware of any specific age. I also can't say that I know the bible from beginning to end either. I am kinda thinking it's when they are old enough to truly understand the consequences of their actions. There was an 8 year old boy who shot and killed his Dad and a man who was living in his house. He knew exactly what he was doing and wanted to do it. Any other time you would always consider an 8 year old to be innocent. I guess it depends on the child. Wow...you have really got me thinking now. That's a really tough question.

momcat437
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:30 PM

I agree with this.  I've been trying to find something but it's usually about adults and accountability.  I'll have to keep researching this...

Quoting KittenLangley:

That is a very tough question. I'm not aware of any specific age. I also can't say that I know the bible from beginning to end either. I am kinda thinking it's when they are old enough to truly understand the consequences of their actions. There was an 8 year old boy who shot and killed his Dad and a man who was living in his house. He knew exactly what he was doing and wanted to do it. Any other time you would always consider an 8 year old to be innocent. I guess it depends on the child. Wow...you have realy got me thinking now. That's a really tough question.

babipeanut
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:10 AM

I was always taught that it was when they knew right from wrong-no mater what thier physical age.

Mommy_to_CTN
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:12 AM

I am pretty sure that the Bible does not give any specific age.  I think it varries from child to child based on maturity and the understanding of their actions.

Breastfeeding, vaccinating, pro-life mommy to three little girls - Caitlin, Taylor, and Noelle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)