Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats up with infant potty training

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM
  • 56 Replies

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH INFANT POTTY TRAINING ANYONE DOING IT HOW OR WHY JUST CURIOUS ISNT MORE PARENT TRAINING ?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodson_2008
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM

I never heard of infant potty training I thought you start that when they are 1 or 2. Am I wrong? What age are you talking about?

Wife to military man Josh and Mommy to Jayden :)

Sharon300
by Sharon on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:37 PM

I have heard of this before. Yes I agree it seemed to me it was just parent training.

j_c_c_s_l
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:38 PM

I read about it but it said the kid should be done by 3 years old and that is when they are done if you start at two so why bother it is a lot of work and very messy.you need to leave your child nude and take them to the bathroom all the time.

meandmybean
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM

We did it. I always cared about DD so much I would never leave her in a wet or dirty diaper. She gave off cues from birth as to when she was having a void or bowel movement so why make her soil herself when she and I both knew she was doing it. She fully potty trained herself by 9 months at 6 months she would take diapers off to have a void or bowel movement, even if she was in her crib.

lilmomma4
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Infants can't really umm.....walk to the bathroom for one. Also, they have no clue when they have to go or not and can't express in words to go. So, um unless they are still referring to children 18 months to 2yrs old infants. How young are they talking? I consider an infant like newborn to maybe 1.

CCCs
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:40 PM

infant potty training isn't possible.  they can't control their bladder until they are about two and even then they have to practice it.  i think that this is just for over acheivers that want to brag.

Swt_Mama
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:41 PM

I WAS READING ONLINE AND SOME MOMS START AT BIRTH HOW I DONT KNOWLOL

mekubeku
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:41 PM

What would you consider infant training, Im thinking you may be referring to around 6 months old which I have seen articles on and I think it's totally radiculous.  Children have so many obstacles to overcome in such a small time...Losing the bottle, the binkie, Solid Foods, Formula/Breast to Cow's Milk...it sounds dumb but in only 2 short years there are a lot of thing babies must do...potty training at 6 months should not be one of  them.  Parents just need to get over it and change the diapers, give the kid a break. 

meandmybean
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Whoever you recieved your information from was blatently lying. DD was always fully clothed. Wore cloth diapers as a back up even when she had voids every 17-23 minutes at two months old. I would have her wear dresses an awful lot so I did not have to deal with taking pants on and off but she was ALWAYS clothed and we only had ONE mess ever and that was because she stood up and poop was stuck because she was constipated.

Quoting j_c_c_s_l:

I read about it but it said the kid should be done by 3 years old and that is when they are done if you start at two so why bother it is a lot of work and very messy.you need to leave your child nude and take them to the bathroom all the time.

Swt_Mama
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:43 PM

WAS IT HARD TO LEARN HER CUES I JUST NOW FIGURED OUT MY 2 YRS OLD HE HIDES IN THE CORNER OR COVERS HIS FACE AND HE STILL DOSENT TELL ME HE HAS TO GO LOL

Quoting meandmybean:

We did it. I always cared about DD so much I would never leave her in a wet or dirty diaper. She gave off cues from birth as to when she was having a void or bowel movement so why make her soil herself when she and I both knew she was doing it. She fully potty trained herself by 9 months at 6 months she would take diapers off to have a void or bowel movement, even if she was in her crib.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)