Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help!!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

I need some ideas for appetizers/snacks to take to my mil's for christmas. Instead of a meal we're doing appetizers & snacks.  I know we're going to take cheeseball.  I want to take something different too. Any ideas 

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truelove070906
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:47 PM

How about sausage balls? Also, I make sausage cream cheese croissants which are killer. If you want the recipe send me a message.

OfTheFaIIen
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:47 PM
spinnach dip with a shepherds roll (its a giant bread roll). You put the dip inside the hollowed out roll and use the torn out pieces of bread to dip in the spinnach. Yum

Truth can be found if only you would see it.

mrspenguin08
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:48 PM

The one I'm taking is ham rolls. I take cream cheese and blend it with garlic and pepper and spread it on a tortilla. Sprinkle chopped green onions or dill pickle on top of that, then ham, either thinly sliced or chopped.  Roll it all up and secure with toothpicks. Slice into semi-bite-sized pieces. My family loves them.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sarah993

You could bring a dip.  If you go to one of those food specialty stores they have all these mixes for different dips and spreads.  For some fun creative ideas go check out rachel ray.  I always see her doing the funnest stuff and most of it is all really easy.  Sorry I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

mrspenguin08

OMG! I love this. Could you PM me the recipe please?

Quoting OfTheFaIIen:

spinnach dip with a shepherds roll (its a giant bread roll). You put the dip inside the hollowed out roll and use the torn out pieces of bread to dip in the spinnach. Yum

RmeWifey01
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Well, ya know that thing where they hollow out a round loaf of brown bread and put the dip with chipped beef inside and then you use the little bits of the bread that has been removed from the inside as the 'dipper' instead of crackers? It's delicious.

Also there's cocktail weinies, pigs-in-a-blanket, taco dip w/corn chips, shrimp (prawns) w/cocktail sauce.

franklynnsmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Mini cheesecake......use the cupcake muffin paper cup thingys.....buy the box of cheescake from jello just make them mini instead of one big pie.....Its a hit every year here at my house

A truckers wife, mama to Franklynn, friend to all! Love is found in the heart but spread with words and gestures.

RmeWifey01
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM

That's what I was trying to describe but with the chipped beef instead of spinach.

Quoting OfTheFaIIen:

Robyn218
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM

put cream cheese at room temp on a dish

cover with

shrimp cocktail, or chili sauce with no shrimp

or sweet & sour sauce

or any sweet/hot oriental sauce

serve with crackers around it

Easy & Good!

I also get

marinated mushrooms, artichokes. red peppers, assorted pitted olives and sun dried tomatoes.

Mix it all together, add a bunch of chopped garlic, fresh parsley and a bit of red pepper flakes.  Let it marinate together a few hours.  YUMMY!

Hummus & wedged pita bread, YUMMY!  Hummus is easy to make.

mommycomespring
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Okay I make these tortillas filled with cream cheese and other stuff and they are such a big hit at showers and dinners that I write the recipe down ahead of time because at least one person always asks for it. Also the recipe can be doubled if there is gonna be lots of people there but this will probably serve 10 to 15. So here goes...

2 pkgs flour tortillas

2 pkgs cream cheese

1 small can chopped black olives

1 green pepper

3 or 4 green onions

pkg of dry ranch dressing (dont get the dip mix)

I use a small food processor to chop the green pepper and green onion. Then combine all the ingrediants. (I only use about half of the dry ranch but you can season it to taste) Spread the mixture onto a tortilla and cover it with another. Cut into finger sandwich size pieces. Enjoy! Can be made a day ahead too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)