Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im bribing my son!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

so i posted a couple days ago about how he's almost 4 and not poop potty trained but totally pee trained. so i went out and bought a bunch of little toys and put them in a big bowl, if he poops he picks two. today he pooped on the potty 2 times. so i knew he could do it! but its kind of expensive to keep this up lol. how long do you think i will have to keep doing this? when will he be happy to just go potty and not need the lil toys anymore? i mean i know i should just be happy he's doing it! but i just wanted to see what everyone thought.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Manda0303
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:08 PM

I tried the toy thing and it didn't work for me. But my dd wanted fish real bad so I got her a fish tank and set it up and told her when she pooped in the potty she could get fish. Well she did it 4 times and guess she figured she had enough fish and started pooping her pants again. That really backfired on me. Now she has fish and she is still pooping her pants.

4cuteboys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:10 PM

aw man, that is what i am afraid of. but i am going to try to really keep on top of it! i think ive found something that works, i just take him in like, every hour..and he sits and plays his brothers leapster..and he just usually doesnt go, and i keep a close eye on him, and if i see he starts hiding..i know its almost show time..lol..then we sit again, hes happy playing the leapster..so its been working  i hope it will keep up! ugh! the fish tank idea is so cute, too bad it didnt work :(

Quoting Manda0303:

I tried the toy thing and it didn't work for me. But my dd wanted fish real bad so I got her a fish tank and set it up and told her when she pooped in the potty she could get fish. Well she did it 4 times and guess she figured she had enough fish and started pooping her pants again. That really backfired on me. Now she has fish and she is still pooping her pants.

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:13 PM

once he runs outta toys in the bowl, tell him he has to go all week with being a good boy on the potty and u can bring him to the store to pick out a toy.....heck bring him to the dollar store and let him pick out a few toys!

geminig3
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:15 PM

I made a stipulation that they had to go at least 7 times with no accidents.  Made up a chart with stickers.  After 7 times, they got a prize.  After a few rounds on the chart, they were poop trained.  Guess they were used to it by then, or learned the sensation to go.

Wistful
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Here is an idea I am keeping in my arsenal for if/when I encounter problems with Delilah and potty training (haven't started yet) but what about getting him a plastic piggy bank to put in the bathroom and every time he goes poop you put money in it. Then at the end of the week you count how much is there, double it (depending how much you put in) and take him to get a toy at the dollar store.
Good Luck!!

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)