Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospitalization and Mental illness

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:10 PM
  • 29 Replies

PLEASE NO BASHING-ONLY SUPPORT

I was wondering if anyone has ever been hospitalized for mental illness before? Was it scary?

I have made the desition to ask to be hospitalized right after the holidays.

I want to try to hold out until then because I don't want to break my daughter's heart and ruin Christmas.

I really wish I could go now. I feel so bad off right now its not even funny. My depression is out of control. Don't worry, my daughter is safe.

I just needed to know if anyone else has epirienced this before?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
metalmomma25
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Bump..no one? You can pm me if you want to.

jaedynmoon
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:14 PM

I was placed in a mental hospital for a week after my parents found that I was cutting myself since 1st grade (I was a senior when they found out) Honestly, it was the best thing that ever could have been done for me because I was really bad. I don't know why you are going in (like what sort of mental illness) but  They have group and individual counseling/therapy and mine did stress relieving techniques and coping skills and figured out what sort of medicine you needed to be on.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:14 PM

By brother has been hospitalized on and off for 5 years not. It doesn't seem to bad. He doesn't like being in the hospital which makes it hard for him. He would rather be in California. Good luck and take care. I hope that you can find the help that you need and get your depression under control.

Paesana82
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:15 PM

My aunt is bipolar and she was hospitalized a few times. I can't say how she felt because she wasn't really herself when she was in there, but I know she was treated well and always came out better.

Best of luck. I hope you get better soon.

jaedynmoon

Oh and I forgot to add...it was scary the first few nights because I was away from my family and friends but I was happy to finally get the help I had been needing for all those years.  If you ever need to talk just let me know and you can add me to your friends if you would like because I am here!!

krazynellie

I battle depression but havn't been hospitalized. i feel like I should be though. I am so f**kin depressed right now I can't stand it.

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker

Blondee512
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:16 PM

My childrens adopted Grandpa was just hospitalized for serious depression. He was in a hospital psych center. It was an amazing, supportive, conducive environment for helping him to deal with his feelings, his fears, and give his meds a chance to work.

I hope that this helps you. Good girl for putting your needs first. Something like this needs to be dealt with.

Good luck.

metalmomma25
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:16 PM

since you are family, can I ask you a question?

Does it embarrass you or do you feel like he's "hopeless" with as many times he has gone in? I am just asking. My family is not that supportive.

Quoting othermom:

By brother has been hospitalized on and off for 5 years not. It doesn't seem to bad. He doesn't like being in the hospital which makes it hard for him. He would rather be in California. Good luck and take care. I hope that you can find the help that you need and get your depression under control.

metalmomma25
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Thank you for being supportive. I feel like I am being selfish.

Quoting Blondee512:

My childrens adopted Grandpa was just hospitalized for serious depression. He was in a hospital psych center. It was an amazing, supportive, conducive environment for helping him to deal with his feelings, his fears, and give his meds a chance to work.

I hope that this helps you. Good girl for putting your needs first. Something like this needs to be dealt with.

Good luck.

metalmomma25
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Thats how I am right now. I don't wanna go into details for fear of scaring anyone or making them think less of me, but I am very very sick right now.

Quoting krazynellie:

I battle depression but havn't been hospitalized. i feel like I should be though. I am so f**kin depressed right now I can't stand it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)