Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bank of America-Nosey lady!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:18 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have a line of credit with Bank of America.  I've had it since Feb of '07 & have paid on time, never missed, etc.  Tonight I get a phone call from BOA & the lady tells me who she is & then says you made a payment on 11-19-08 & there is a payment due 12-19-08.  Are you going to have trouble paying this?  I said, no, I've got it scheduled already.  I pay my bills online.  She said ok..then she goes on to say they are just reaching out to their customers since its a tough time right now.  I say well actually we are paying this off in Feb or March.  She then says..well how are you going to be able to do that?  I said well, that's between me & my husband.  Then I asked her if anything was wrong with my acct.  She said oh, no, we are just calling all of our customers as reassurance.  It really rubbed me the wrong way.  Does that seem odd?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RmeWifey01
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Sounds fishy to me. Bet she was not an employee, but a scammer.

jaedynmoon
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:20 PM

wow yah that doesn't seem right!  Did you catch her name by chance?  If not I would call and just let them know

ms-vero
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Yes does sound fishy.

Quoting RmeWifey01:

Sounds fishy to me. Bet she was not an employee, but a scammer.

vances_mom

sounds like a scammer to me. i hope you didn't "verify" any of your personal information with her!

krista778

I think they are just making sure no one is going to default on their loans due to the economy. It might seem weird but they are just trying to protect themselves and their customers. You should be glad they are caring a little that people are having trouble paying their bills and are trying to help. I'm glad you don't need the help they are offering but if you did I'm sure you would be glad for it. (trying to to be sarcastic, sorry if it comes off that way)

mindyannjohnson

You should contact BOA to find out if they are really calling their customers. It may have been a scammer trying to get information.

themacs4
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Oh, no I didn't at all.  I thought it was so weird!!

Quoting vances_mom:

sounds like a scammer to me. i hope you didn't "verify" any of your personal information with her!

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:23 PM

seems odd, maybe they are fishing for something. if it were me, I would pay that thing off and get the hell out of dodge. BOA is almost as evil as Citi.

A lot of these banks are changing the credit rating thresholds for interest rates and people with no previous late payments or issues are getting rate hikes bc their scores fall below the new thresholds.

I can't sing the praises of Local and Regional Credit Unions loud and far enough. They arent evil and profit driven like these big banks. and lol no I don't work for one ;-)

If you love playing on Pogo, join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/pogoplayersunite

themacs4
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM

I just thought it was weird that she asked how I was going to pay it off!  How did she know I didn't just win the lottery!!  I didn't, but I can only hope~!  LOL

Quoting krista778:

I think they are just making sure no one is going to default on their loans due to the economy. It might seem weird but they are just trying to protect themselves and their customers. You should be glad they are caring a little that people are having trouble paying their bills and are trying to help. I'm glad you don't need the help they are offering but if you did I'm sure you would be glad for it. (trying to to be sarcastic, sorry if it comes off that way)

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM

I'd call Bank of America and talk to them and let them know what happened and see what they say. it sounds very fishy....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)