Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FAMILY FUED NEED ADVICE PLEASE (kinda long sry)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

I will try to make this as short as possible, 

First off let me say my family is and never was very close. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. my 2nd to the oldest sister who is 40 yrs old acts like she is in high school, by that i mean loves to cause drama and trouble. She is always done this from the time she could talk, and im not kidding. Ok so she has caused so many issues in the family, told lies and im talkn lies such as my step bro molested her, (later admitting to lyin) sayin she had cancer and was dying, um that was yrs ago and she is healthy, also told us she had bleeding on the brain, ok another lie. So this is the kind of shit she does, Well her and my mom had stopped talkn completely for about 4 yrs due to her lies and all the shit she starts.  She would call my mom at 3 & 4 in the morning running her mouth. I personally have not seen or talked to her in about 1 1/2 and one day she pops up on my myspace page. Ok so Im thinking ok i will add her and just be civil, BIG BIG MISTAKE.  So about 2 wks i notice she is on my so page as well. I told him OMG that is trouble waiting to happen, so she starts sending him msgs questioning him about his job so on and so forth.  I told him she was tryin to start trouble, i know her all to well. Well she sends him a shitty msg and of course he responds, He did not say anything mean just that if she was tryin to be his friend to be nosey to just delete him from her myspace. OH HELL!! she sent him a msg sayin all kinds of mean shit  that he was worthless OK SHE HAS NEVER MET HIM, and just started being a bitch., I sent her a msg back and said look i dont know what ur problem is but i am not into ur business or life so please stay out of mine. Well that started a whole lot of shit.  She has sent me msgs daily since monday being awful mean talkn about my so and me saying that im worthless on and on, and now has my mom pissed at me, my mom called me left 3 vm cussing me out every word was the f word. Ok that confuses me since they have always had their problems and my mom knows how she is. I just opened my msgs and low and behold there is another mean ass msg from her.  She said that I AM NOTHING TO HER OR MY MOTHER, ok fine, then proceeds to tell me that the rest of my family are so glad that i will not be in the family any more and that this will be the best christmas and new yr ever cuz im as good as dead to them.  WOW!

So my older sister is having everyone over for xmas eve, my question is should i still take my kids and go. Should i make my kids miss out because my sister is a ass? My older sister said that i am more than welcome to come and if anyone starts shit they will be asked to leave. Do i subject myself and my kids to that or do i just stay home?  Please help me

SORRY SO LONG!  i could go on and tell u more but i wont  lol

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Angie2008
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:31 PM

ANY ONE?????????????????????????

TessyCat
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:35 PM

It is your sisters house and she wants you there. I would go and show them that they can't control you. Think about how pleased your oldest sister would be if she won. Your other sister already stated that she would be the one to leave and not you. I would personally go.

bphockeymom20
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:39 PM

You know you can block her from your guys' myspace? I would do that and ignore her and any bullshit she caused. Go spend timre with the rest of the family and talk to them about her and how she has been harassing you, Maybe they'll understand and stick up for you. I hope she grows up soon, does she have any problems? She sounds like a pathological liar to me.

LOVINLIFE162
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM

wow  first off im sooo sorry that you have to go through that, that is horrible. That is how my family is too they are mean and talk crap about you but its not just one person. The people in my immediate fam are awesome but its the rest.

I would personally show up and if she has something to say then just tell her hey u know what and just what you have been feeling but otherwise dont say anything that may provoke her. Act as if there is nothing wrong and you control the upper hand. All she wants is the attention otherwise she wouldnt do the things that shes doing. Dont have your kids miss out cause shes a lil kid they didnt do anything to deserve to miss out so I would go.

My aunt (shes only 5 yrs older then me) and I are like that to each other and I told her that whenever we go to visit(we live in az the rest the fam is in mich ) that I would be civil if she would for the kids sakes, it seems to be working its been a yr but when she does say something that is rude i just shoot it back n were done. She is always the one to start and I just have to say something to pretty much equal her or up her and she shuts her mouth.

good luck and happy holidays

Sweetpeasx3
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Go you can always leave if anything starts. Sorry you ae going thru this

onespecialmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Wow! That seems like too much Drama. I don't know if I would waste the energy to go & deal with all that. She sounds like she has a lot of major issues. On the other hand, I'm not understanding why your mother would call you up & talk so hateful. She's your mother so why would she talk to you like that in any way, form or fashion. I could understand it if they where calling you to find out what was going on BUT to call you & be hateful is inexcusable. I would stay clear for awhile & just cancel the "myspace" page. Use Facebook, It has just as many benefits & more private. I'm sorry that you are going through this but sometimes you just have to put a end to relationships. You may be blood relatives but do you really want that in your childrens life or yours?  I wouldn't even bother explaining to anyone since your family knows how your sister is. Shame on them for reacting so neagative to what is happening to you. Good luck! I say move on & have Christmas with your SO & children in your own home.

jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:00 PM

If your sister is hosting it at her house, and you don't have any problems with her than I would say go. Screw everyone els. Don't let them dictate you and where you take your children. Just explain to your older sister that you are coming , but don't expect for you to talk to the other ones, because you feel if you talk to them its only going to start more problems and you don't want to fight on Christmas. Just go there and stick to the ones you know are on the mutual plane, and if your mom and your other trouble making sis says high then you should be siveland say high, just to show everyone that you are not the one trying to start anything. If they try to start something with you, then just walk away visit with your other sister, and ignore them. If your older sister ask why you are ignoring them just tell her they are bringing up sensitive issues that you feel is going to start a fight and you are just simply trying to avoid a disastrous Christmas. Keep a ca,m cool head and let every little remark they might say roll right off your back for that day. In doing that you show others that you are not the instigator and that you are trying to be sivle, if they are not sivle then they will find it hard to compete with you and you would have won for that day and bonus your children get to spend Christmas with there family. And not miss out. If your mom and sister are nice to your children and are not using them as pawns to get to you let them see your children. I promise you if you don't go it just gives them more room to create more shit to say about you to others to get them on their side. And it leaves you at a dis-advantage because you are not there to show them how you really are. I know this from experience. Good luck. Let us know how it went.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)