Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control Pill question?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi i just have a brief question has any one of you mommies had got pregnat eventhough you were taking your pill every day never missed one and at the same time but still got pregnat ?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Susan0805
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:49 PM

I havent but I just wanted to add to your post... I have friends who got pregnant on the pill and her is how they they were taking antibiotics while on the pill. Also, you must take the pill at the same time EVERY day. I've heard of several people getting pregnant on the pill. I'm not a fan of hormone birth control and DH and I do not get pregnant easily so I havent faced this personally but I know it happens and not that rarely either.

patrioticProud Airforce Wife/Veteran

TeriMommy2Boys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:52 PM

I got pregnant while taking the pill everyday, granted it wasnt at the same time everyday, but I did take it everyday...so Im sure it can happen....there is always that 1%

MoMmyOf2GurLz23
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:01 AM

ok well iam so scared i am taking it everyday and at da same time but iam scared my husband was taking care ofme by withdarawing and on 4 yrs didnt got pregnat and know i decided to take da pill and i fill a lil worried about it

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Hi
MoMyOf2GurLz23,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\The CafeMom Admin Team

lbdm2002
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:52 AM

my 13 month old son is a pill baby.  i took it every day, within an hour of the same time every day, too.  I was taking that form of BC for 3 years before getting PG, too.  Plus, my periods were never really regular anyway..some times i'd skip one, some times i'd just spot a little bit.  So..apparently i got pg in february but didn't take a test and find out til April.  And I continued taking my bc pill every day.  lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)