Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you're dh works out of town how do you manage?? I need support ladies

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

My dh works out of state great job he started 2 months ago and it's going great but it's in another state. Anyways everything's good for him he's happy where he's at, he's considering moving to another place where they offer better things. Then he starts to tell me how maybe this will be long term. Then starts to tell me if it goes well there we can move out of state. As if it's not hard enough being away from my family now and he wants to move us a state away.

This is when I start to cry and cry. I'm 5 months pregnant I have a 3 yr old son. My whole family is out of town more than 5 hours away and I have no one at all just one friend and one sil. I just talked to him and when he tells me long term i feel like I'm crushed I don't want to live my life like this long term and not knowing when he'll be back home to visit us each time.

It feels like I'm already a single parent. Granted we have more money and we're better off financially because we're paying our bills and getting out of debt but at what cost. I haven't seen my dh in over 2 months. he won't be able to be around when the baby is born and will be missing out on both of our kids lives.  i dont know if I'm just hormonal or if this is really getting me depressed. I tell him it's just very hard he's my husband I can't be OK with him not being around but he doesn't understand how much i need him sometimes. Sometimes I feel like this is going to break our marriage apart it almost feels like we're going our seperate ways with our lives.  I dont know I know I can't say something right now I don't know what will happen in a year maybe he can get a job closer to home but what if he doesn't. I hate my life right now. If you're going through this how do you manage?

crying

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AmirasMommy1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:52 PM

its hard =(

My husband is a Sr. Foreman for a construction company and we just found out he got a job 8 hours away from us! I have a 20 month old and a 3 year old... I hate it when he works out of town!

I am a McCain supporting, pro-life, homemaker, beauty pageant mom, soccor mom, football mom, brand whore, anti spanking, vaccinating, kid spoiling MOM of TWO! And no, I dont care what you think about it!

braesmommy06
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Mine works out of town and we fight about it all the time because i feel like a single parent. I hope it gets better for you. If you wanna talk just message me i will listen even if you need to vent

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8c8LpU/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w8c8LpU/blk-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

rennez
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:56 PM

My DH has never worked out of town, but we have 15 month old twins, and he went back to his 70+ hour a week schedule the day after we came home from the hospital.  Not to scare you, but it took a huge toll on our relationship.  He recently accepted a new position, with a rather large pay cut, but it's worth it, b/c now we have time together and he gets to see his kids.  The way we look at it is as long as we have money to pay our bills and don't have to charge things, the money makes no difference to us.  Good luck, mama.  I wish the best for you and your family.

ErikaM27
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Quoting rennez:

My DH has never worked out of town, but we have 15 month old twins, and he went back to his 70+ hour a week schedule the day after we came home from the hospital.  Not to scare you, but it took a huge toll on our relationship.  He recently accepted a new position, with a rather large pay cut, but it's worth it, b/c now we have time together and he gets to see his kids.  The way we look at it is as long as we have money to pay our bills and don't have to charge things, the money makes no difference to us.  Good luck, mama.  I wish the best for you and your family.

it's already taking a toll on our relationship. I just told him a while ago even though this is a good opportunity for him to advance I think that maybe we should just go our separate ways. In a way I feel like I'm just being dragged along in a relationship when he's not even around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)