Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my baby could've died!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

my 11 month old dd made a tight gasp siund like she couldnt breath (i was literatly an inch from her) so i look down and she looks like shes puking so i think omg shes choking so i grab her and flip her over and start giving her back thrusts i gave her about 4 when she started caughing so i gave her 1 final back thrust flipped her over looked in her mouth and there it sits the little rectangular piece of paper that was stuck in her throught.... omg the amount of relief that the sound of her coughing and gasp of air brought!!! so then i give her the christmas book she wanted to play with and her little finger got cought in the moving raindeer that apprentlt DOES NOT go up untill it goes ALL THE WAY down, which does not happen with little fingers jamed in it. so i pull her finger out b/c the stupid thing would not go up even with me PUSHING as hard as i can, well then after that i decide to go make her a cuppy so i lay her down for a min on the pillow with the little bit of cuppy that she has left and she throws the cuppy and pulls my phone outta my pocket and of couse it falls and lands on her face! UGH... im a new mom so this is all very scary to me... im gonna have gray hair by the time im 18 (im only 17 and at this rate im estimating my hair to be gray by the time im 18) WHICH BY THE WAY IS ONLY 5 DAYS AWAY LOL!!!

WHAT A FREAKING NIGHT!!!

XOXO Chelsie Lyn XOXO
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meghan925
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Thats scary...at least you acted fast. Im 17 too with a 15 month old :)

message me anytime!

I'm a Life LOViN' 17 year old GREAT teen mommy to Alaina (14 months old) I vaccinate, bottle feed, and co-sleep. I let my daughter CIO, but still spoil her to death. A kinda pro-life, dont give a shit what you think, fast-food junkie, badass stay at home mom :) I drive an 89 ford bronco and love it, have been with my man for 3 years and not pushing marriage anytime soon. Got my high school diploma and I'm on the way to break the teen mommy stereotype. I dont regret any decisions I have made in my life and honestly, I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!

ErikaM27
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM

accidents happen it's ok lol glad she's ok

sadsmile
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Your age has nothing to do with it my dear! Even veteran moms have momentsand days like that! Parenting is the most joyous most rewarding and is also the heaviest and toughest thing to bare.

Oh and Happy Early Birthday!

mamabeth4180

oh get used to it mama!! lol. Kids will bring on near heart attacks waaaay mroe than you think possible. Good job acting so quickley when she was choking, and don't feel bad, this kind of stuff happens to the best of us :)

JustCallMe_♥Bethy♥_. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

lovelycece

Your a great mom for being so worried. She will be ok and so will you. :D

Happy birthday soon btw. :D

chelsie_lyn
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM

its scary... very very scary...

Quoting sadsmile:

Your age has nothing to do with it my dear! Even veteran moms have momentsand days like that! Parenting is the most joyous most rewarding and is also the heaviest and toughest thing to bare.

youngmm
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM

If this makes you feel any better..i elbowed my 3 yr old really hard on accient lol i felt like poop afterwards.

mrspenguin08
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:05 PM

aw hunny i'm so sorry. I'm so glad your baby girl is okay. Accidents happen and I guarantee a lot more will happen. keep your head up. sounds like you're doing a great job.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
sadsmile
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Yes the weight of another person's life in your hands is immense!  I plucked my oldest daughter from death by drowning in a pool at a B-day party when she was 3.  We were all dressed and saying our good byes and she took a step to close to the edge of the pool. I had been on guard for every child there all day and I saw her sandal teetering on the edge and dropped our things shoved people out of my way and dove in after her as she sank. After- they were like OMG how did you know... all I could say was God helped me see it. It felt like at that moment time slowed and all my attention was pulled to her. My body moved faster then my mind could think to jump. I reached the bottom of the pool quickly even though it felt like an eternatiy in which I slowly sank. I grabbed her up and headed for the surface and as I pushed her up out of the water before myself I saw it clung to her like a smothering blanket. She gasped for breath at the very instant it fell from her face. My adrenaline still rushes even thinking about it.  Yes very scary indeed!

Quoting chelsie_lyn:

chelsie_lyn
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM

wow thats amazing!!!! It must be some sort of mommy instinct, that just amazes me... im so not looking forward to all of this lol...(the bad that is) but i also always hope for the best and expect to worst...

Quoting sadsmile:

Yes the weight of another person's life in your hands is immense! I plucked my oldest daughter from death by drowning in a pool at a B-day party when she was 3. We were all dressed and saying our good byes and she took a step to close to the edge of the pool. I had been on guard for every child there all day and I saw her sandal teetering on the edge and dropped our things shoved people out of my way and dove in after her as she sank. After- they were like OMG how did you know... all I could say was God helped me see it. It felt like at that moment time slowed and all my attention was pulled to her. My body moved faster then my mind could think to jump. I reached the bottom of the pool quickly even though it felt like an eternatiy in which I slowly sank. I grabbed her up and headed for the surface and as I pushed her up out of the water before myself I saw it clung to her like a smothering blanket. She gasped for breath at the very instant it fell from her face. My adrenaline still rushes even thinking about it. Yes very scary indeed!

Quoting chelsie_lyn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)